Russel Seat & Corbin Smuggler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT 384

Reaction score
I check for this info on Google and on the search here and I found nothing. So here is the question......Does the Corbin Smuggler fit on the FJR with a Russell Day Long? I have the Russell on order today with the group buy :yahoo: and need to know if they will work together before I order the Smuggler.

Thanks everyone !

JT

I check for this info on Google and on the search here and I found nothing. So here is the question......Does the Corbin Smuggler fit on the FJR with a Russell Day Long? I have the Russell on order today with the group buy :yahoo: and need to know if they will work together before I order the Smuggler.Thanks everyone !

JT
Yes it will fit, I tried the Smuggler on a Gen2 bike that had the Russell Day Long seat.

I would wait until you have the seat then have a friend or someone with a smuggler put it on. As we have seen in threads from the past all Russell seats are not created the same.

I have a smuggler and bought a Russell second hand and they did not fit together. I didn't like the Russell very much so I kept the smuggler and sent the Russell on to the next lucky person at a nice price.

I have a smuggler and bought a Russell second hand and they did not fit together. I didn't like the Russell very much so I kept the smuggler and sent the Russell on to the next lucky person at a nice price.
When I was shopping for my Smuggler, I kept track of people's comments on fitment. Officially, Corbin only guarantees fitment with stock and Corbin. From my survey, I came up with the following summary: Stock - Yes, Corbin - Yes, Sargent - Yes, Bill Mayer - Yes and No, Russell - ?. Now you have chimed in that the Russell you have did not fit while two others say that they do.

I have a Bill Mayer but I still got a Smuggler hoping it would fit since I have the small wings (not the Evolution version for big guys). I also hoped that I could still use the Bill Mayer in the high position due to my long legs. The good news is I can use the Smuggler with my Bill Mayer on high but it is a little tricky to get it on. Fortunately, I do not keep anything under my seat so I should not have to take it on and off much.

There is a picture of them together on the Russell site. Go to the example section for ordering and they have picture for some of the bikes including the FJR.

Thats weird because I did the same thing and mine worked fine. :blink: :blink: :blink:

R