Russell Day Long -- Too Hard?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogan

Reaction score
Has anyone found the Russell simply too hard? I've got about 1,000 miles on mine and it's still hard as a rock. I get off sore.

Suggestions?

Morgan, give it about 3000 mile take shape. I have had 2 Russells, and I was thinking the same thing with the first. The second one felt the same and around the 3000 mile mark all is good. Give it a little breakin time and your rear will be happy. Smitty

Actually, I heard the Russels for 06 are just bad. You should pack that baby up and send it to me. :D

I'm right at the point where the Russell folks say I might want the 'harder' seat material (230 lbs). I was optomistic & went for the regular foam material.

No problems after 8k miles, there was a little adjustment period of 6-700 miles (for me at least). Hope it breaks in for your big trip !

I'm right at the point where the Russell folks say I might want the 'harder' seat material (230 lbs). I was optomistic & went for the regular foam material.
No problems after 8k miles, there was a little adjustment period of 6-700 miles (for me at least). Hope it breaks in for your big trip !
harder seat material on a Russel??? never heard of that. They do put in a Heavier spring though.

I have a Day-Long with extra springs. My Corbin (on my cruiser) was much harder. After a few thousand miles the Day-Long very comfortable. Best investment for my money!