Russell seat and Givi 46

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V2win

Reaction score
The wife would like a better seat for the rear section. I thinking of getting A Russell with both sections modified for us. I have a Givi Trunk on the bike. Are any of you running the Givi and a Russel with the back section set up for a passenger too. I am concerned with interference with the wider seat and the trunk bracket. I have a 2005 bike.

Thanks,

John

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2003 FJR. It has a Russell seat and a Givi E460 Monokey mounted to the Givi rack with the Givi monokey mounting plate. it does NOT have a back pad as anyone who's ever ridden with me has worn a jacket with a spine pad included in it. Works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an '07 with the Russell Saddles and a GIVI E-46. Do not order the pad for the trunk. There is barely enough room for a small wife/rider back there if they have any kind of spinal protection in their jacket. In essence, the trunk mounts about 2-3 inches farther forward than what I would call ideal. That being said, without a backrest, everything works fine.

I am running the Russell Daylong Saddles with a Givi V46 Trunk with backrest set up on an OHFJR Large rack and it works great. My wife has not complaints in either the seat or back areas. Check my set up on my Farkling post and you will see how it looks.

With a Russel and Givi could I still use my OHFJR rack and passanger backrest?

Cary