Russell seat backlogged for 7 weeks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's about right. I ordered one for another bike about a month ago and my target date was May 5th. At this time of year they're all busy. It will continue like this right into the late Summer.

I believe I ordered mine in late July, and didn't receive it until late September. So yes, normal.

I just placed my order last week with a production date of June 2. That means it will probably get to me around the middle of June. This will be my 5th Mayer/Russell Day-Long seat. The first was in 1978. After riding my "new to me" 07 FJR 350 miles today, I'm looking forward to the proven comfort of the day-long saddle. Like others have said, it's worth both the money and the wait as long as you plan to be a long term owner.

I bought a different brand seat used off here, and while it is - much - better than the stock one, it is no Russell Day-Long! Just got back from the Moonshine run (~2230 miles total per my odo), and my backside was getting a little bit sore on the long runs...

Hopefully I'll get one ordered this fall...