russell seat color for 07 (maroon)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadstar

Reaction score
I am getting one for my 07 and not sure if I should just get black , light gray, or dark gray. Looking for picks of 07's with different colors so I can decide and tell them. Thanks

Just got my 07 and looking for a seat also. I had a Sargent on my ST1300 and found it to be all-day comfortable so that is what I'm going with again. My inclination is to go black. I think a colored seat pulls attention away from the rest of the bike and tends to look busy. If I really wanted to go with a color I'd choose dark gray and maybe ask for maroon stitching. I got a factory gel seat for my Guzzi Norge and that's how it came, dark gray with red stitching and it looks classy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my 07 and looking for a seat also. I had a Sargent on my ST1300 and found it to be all-day comfortable so that is what I'm going with again. My inclination is to go black. I think a colored seat pulls attention away from the rest of the bike and tends to look busy. If I really wanted to go with a color I'd choose dark gray and maybe ask for maroon stitching. I got a factory gel seat for my Guzzi Norge and that's how it came, dark gray with red stitching and it looks classy.
Missed this, for some reason...

Here ya go...

100_0222.jpg

100_0221.jpg

I went with black for my Russell, and thought hard about dark gray... it would look good too. Not a fan of much contrast or two-tone, agree coloured stitching is classy.

Wow that's a little different. I like it ! Kind of looks like the added it too the top of the stock sides. Or is that light gray on dark gray?

Wow that's a little different. I like it ! Kind of looks like the added it too the top of the stock sides. Or is that light gray on dark gray?
It's gray over "charcoal." I like the way it turned out, both in looks and comfort. (I left the back seat stock because I don't have a regular back-seater - my wife rides her own.)