Russell Seat-- Driver Backrest???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcjlmd

Reaction score
Of course I missed the group buy...just got my '08 in January. I have a great Sargent bought from a fellow forum-member, but decided to go ahead with a Russell. I have an April build date, but am trying to figure out if the driver backrest is worthwhile. I would love to hear from the "group-buyers" what they think. Thanks.

Marc

I got my Russell seat back at the end of January, I had the backrest also. Finally got my first ride in with it installed yesterday. Wow I am inpressed. So much more comfortable that the stock set up. I wasn't going to get the backrest, but a buddy I dirt bike ride with talked me into it. He has one on his wing. The only problem I had, was the presto log between me and the seat.

Just do it, totally worth the money.

I ordered the back rest for my '05. At first I felt like I was sitting on the fuel tank, once I got it adjusted properly, it was fine. I have had my Russell now for 10 days and used the backrest for 5 of those days just to work ,soccer, etc.. I need to take a longer trip to see if and when I need the backrest. The seat feels fine with or without.

One small issue the backrest can be slid out there doesn't appear to be any locking mechanism to secure it, therefore on leaving the bike do you leave the backrest in place or try and stuff it in a sidebag?