Russell seat to half moon or not?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrenon

Reaction score
Well I made my mind and decided to order up a russell, and I can't decide on which stich pattern to get. Does anyone have expereince with the new half moon design? Or maybe I should go with the tried and true old school design. Any thoughts?

Its your bike...do what YOU want. You can never please everyone on this board and that's not your job.

.....not looking to please anyone I was looking for opinons on Russell's new seat design.

Last edited by a moderator:
I chose the half moon design in the heavy vinyl.My reasoning was the fewer the seams the better.

Russel will not make their seats waterproof, { I asked if they would seal the seams and they will not. It voids the warrenty if you remove the cover to do it yourself. }

I'm not real concerned about the waterproofing while riding, it's when I wash the bike that it becomes a bit of a hassel.

I just came back from the Icefields Parkway, did a couple of 12 to 14 hour days and the seat was as comfortable as my last Russel w/seams. Oh yeah, it rained like hell just outside of Baniff and all was well and dry.

Ghost

Small squares please.....hard on the eye's...easy on the ass... :) Smitty

IMG_0421.jpg

I am going with the rectangle pattern (sans driver backrest) and prefer the look of it.

I can't wait. 2007 is gonna be a year full o' ass.

YMHA_FJR1300_seat.JPG

I haven't seen the half moon on an FJR, just their photo on the website.

halfmoon_pattern.jpg

Edit: Half moon pictures here courtesy of nusman68.

DSC01017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics of the half moon seat on the FJR. My butt can hardly wait. It seems like the seat will put you in a pretty comfortable position. I have had a Corbin on a different bike in the past, and I thought it was pretty good and am interested in comparing the two. Thanks again for the insight.