Russell Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctfjr

Reaction score
I just finished ordering a Russell seat for my fjr. Despite the fact that, for me, the Russell is far & away the best choice, I really came close to ordering something else. Is it me or does their online order form really suck? At least 5 times I finished the form & submitted it only to have it barf back at me. Of course (why I don't know) you have to start all over with an empty form. In this era of the internet I would hope these types of poor designs were a thing of the past. Apparently not.

Actually I thought this might be a golden opportunity to get those last 3 Pacific coast states by doing the ride in service. UHHH, forget it - the earliest appointment was late October. Although I ride thru November (until it really snows) that is a bad time for me to take a couple of weeks off.

Now I hope it gets here before my big ride this year with my son (late August).

I just finished ordering a Russell seat for my fjr. Despite the fact that, for me, the Russell is far & away the best choice, I really came close to ordering something else. Is it me or does their online order form really suck? At least 5 times I finished the form & submitted it only to have it barf back at me. Of course (why I don't know) you have to start all over with an empty form. In this era of the internet I would hope these types of poor designs were a thing of the past. Apparently not.
Actually I thought this might be a golden opportunity to get those last 3 Pacific coast states by doing the ride in service. UHHH, forget it - the earliest appointment was late October. Although I ride thru November (until it really snows) that is a bad time for me to take a couple of weeks off.

They have this new thing you can use. It's called a phone. Call them. They'll take care of you like you never dreamed of...

They have this new thing you can use. It's called a phone. Call them. They'll take care of you like you never dreamed of...
Gee thanks for the original idea! Oh yeah, that's what I did this morning (and how I know the ride in date was Oct). The person that answered suggested I use the online form. . .

Gee thanks for the original idea! Oh yeah, that's what I did this morning (and how I know the ride in date was Oct). The person that answered suggested I use the online form. . .
Perhaps it is different than when I ordered my seat 6 months ago. I printed the form and filled it in (with a pen) then sent the completed form to them (by Fax) and requested an email confirmation of the order. They are a small outfit. They make good seats. They probably don't make great web sites.