Russell Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHADOW RIDER

Reaction score
I am getting the Day long Russell seat with the group buy and was wondering if anyone has any input on the back rest that you can get with the seat. Are they worth getting?

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased one with my seat. Received it about two weeks ago but have been too busy to try it out on a long ride. Appears to be well made with two ways to adjust. (angle and vertical ) Not sure if that helps or not. Let me know if you want me to send some pics, the Russel Site is a little sketchy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up a used one :yahoo: . I really don't think they are much use except to remind you not to slouch. You really can't lean back unless you have super long arms or if your seat is built to sit close to the tank. Maybe there is some benifit I haven't figured out yet.

I am getting the Day long Russell seat with the group buy and was wondering if anyone has any input on the back rest that you can get with the seat. Are they worth getting?
I have a russel backrest that I connot use because of a fuel cell. I would be willing to sell for about half price including UPS anywear in 48 USA if you want it

I had a "drivers" backrest for my Russsell on my Wing. On my FJR I opted not to get it because my riding position is such that there's no way to lean back far enough to use it effectively. If you adjust it forward, it will be pushing on your lower back and actually make it harder to sit up or move around easily. If you adjust it back so it's not in the way when riding normally, then you have to lean WAAAAY back, while holding the controls with just 1 hand, to lean back against it.

At least for me with my arm length.