Russell Sport vs Russell Day Long Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvnmaniac

Reaction score
Need to make a decision on ordering the Rusell Day Long or Sport seat. Other than the following info:

The Sport Day-Long is similar to the regular Day-Long. It just does not have the spring system in the seat. The Sport version of the Day-Long is made for people who have ground reach issues. With the Day-Long you are usually raised up about 1"-11/2". With the Sport Day-Long you stay at the same height with a lot more comfort then stock.

Does anyone have any hands on experience on the NEW Russell Sport Seat, IT'S 20% cheaper than the Day long seat and 30% cheaper if your in on the current Russell group buy? TIA

Need to make a decision on ordering the Rusell Day Long or Sport seat. Other than the following info:
The Sport Day-Long is similar to the regular Day-Long. It just does not have the spring system in the seat. The Sport version of the Day-Long is made for people who have ground reach issues. With the Day-Long you are usually raised up about 1"-11/2". With the Sport Day-Long you stay at the same height with a lot more comfort then stock.

Does anyone have any hands on experience on the NEW Russell Sport Seat, IT'S 20% cheaper than the Day long seat and 30% cheaper if your in on the current Russell group buy? TIA
I'm thinking that as long as it's covered under the same guarantee as the standard Day-Long then it should be good. I'm going to have to call them and find out what the pros and cons are of the Sport seat compared to the standard Day-Long seat.

Since i'm not getting any feed back on Sport vs Day Long, more than likely because the Sport seat is new. Can somebody tell me how the Russell Day Long is in the twisties. I'm sure it's GREAT on the boring ass Turnpikes. i would love to hear some opinoins Pro and Con. I'm just one who loves the sporting side of the FJR more than the touring side.......

TIA

I also prefer the sporting side to the FJR. My previous bike was a Ducati 999. When I bought the Russell, I invested in another stock seat from Gary McCoy, as I wanted the benefits of both.

However, I now find that more often than not, I just leave the Russell on and don't swap the seats, even on the twisties.

Maybe, I am just getting old???

LAroo

Since i'm not getting any feed back on Sport vs Day Long, more than likely because the Sport seat is new. Can somebody tell me how the Russell Day Long is in the twisties. I'm sure it's GREAT on the boring ass Turnpikes. i would love to hear some opinoins Pro and Con. I'm just one who loves the sporting side of the FJR more than the touring side.......TIA

In the twisties, I like to be up forward on the bike anyway, so my butt is forward of the wings and I can shift left and right no problem.

...and I can do it all day...for days on end.

It takes a conscious effort to scoot up against the tank but I can move around just fine on mine. FOR ME the Day-long does twisties better than the stock does highway, so.... YMMV.

On the rare occasions I shift my ass around I just shuffle to the inside of the seat. It probably isnt real good for it, but if I need to get aggressive I put one butt cheek on the opposite wing of the saddle, i.e. left cheek on the right wing and sorta drop a knee a little.

Since i'm not getting any feed back on Sport vs Day Long, more than likely because the Sport seat is new. Can somebody tell me how the Russell Day Long is in the twisties. I'm sure it's GREAT on the boring ass Turnpikes. i would love to hear some opinoins Pro and Con. I'm just one who loves the sporting side of the FJR more than the touring side.......TIA
No experience with the Sport but love the Day Long, incld twisties.