Saddle Bag Cooler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcrdude

Reaction score
I would like to carry some cold Pepsi and maybe some sandwiches in a cooler in one of my saddle bags. Anyone know of a leak proof cooler that will fit in the bag?

I seem to be the pack mule when I ride with my friends (Magna and GSXR) :blink:

I suppose that almost any soft sided cooler that will remain upright in the bag will work. A bud of mine carries a dry bag strapped to the rear rack on his bike.

I did not put one in my sidebag but I did ghetto rig up a little one to fit on the rack I got from Garauld. I put two hooks thru the sides so I could bunjee cord it down. Worked really good on my 800 mile ride this past weekend.

Its not pretty but it works :) I added duct tape so it wouldnt scratch my new rack.

100_3219.jpg

I would like to carry some cold Pepsi and maybe some sandwiches in a cooler in one of my saddle bags. Anyone know of a leak proof cooler that will fit in the bag?
I seem to be the pack mule when I ride with my friends (Magna and GSXR) :blink:
Dude just get a little creative. I take a 32 oz gatorade and freeze it. toss that in the bag with your sammy and coke and line the bag with some towels and you be good to go. In fact on a hot day, by the time that gatorade thaws you will dying to drink it :)

I've been using the el cheapo freezer bag thingys that you can get in a grocery store to take food home. Been working great for me so far. I think I spent 6 bucks.

If you are worried about leaking and the trip is short enough or you will have an opportunity to refreeze, why not use freezer packs instead of ice?

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I mainly asked thinking that others here surely had debated the merits of coolerification before. :rolleyes: I already have a tiny soft-side cooler that I will try first.

Interestingly, the link from spklbuk turned up this:

https://www.aocoolers.com/index.cfm?fuseact...;Product_ID=114

saddle%20bag%20offroad%20detail.jpg

It seems WAY too expensive though......

Thanks again everyone!

try walmart. I have a 12 can cooler, it looks like the soft side coolers, but has hard plastic liner. Fits just right into bags on FJR. I mainly use it for work, but also on riding days, to pack some water and cold adult type frosty beverages. I think it was $10-15.