saddle bag retractors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubabiker

Reaction score
One of my saddle bags little cords that stop them from opening far enough to hit the muffler, broke. I looked on bike bandit, but didn't see them on the diagrams. Has anyone else had to buy one of the spring loaded devices? Are they horribly overpriced like most bike parts?. If someone has a saddlebag that got trashed in a accident and wants to sell the part, I'd be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, I bought one from University Motors for around $10 (Could have been $8 or $12?). [SIZE=8pt](Edit: I found the receipt and posted the correct price below. $31.80)[/SIZE]

According to the Yamaha Parts Catalog, its a "lid retainer", part number 5JW-W9360-00-00 (for my '05)/

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, I bought one from University Motors for around $10 (Could have been $8 or $12?).
According to the Yamaha Parts Catalog, its a "lid retainer", part number 5JW-W9360-00-00 (for my '05)/
Thanks Mike! And it's even reasonable. I spent a couple of hours tonight sewing the strap and rewinding the spring to no avail. Mines an '05 too, but I'd guess the're all the same.

Good info,

I ran this part number on Bikebandit.com it is $31 from them.

I ran this part number on Ronayers.com It is $23 from them.

I wonder what Univeristy Motors sells it for even with their price increases??

WW

I went and found the receipt (it was a rather large order of fasteners, etc. for the NorCal bunch.

I paid $31.80 (I will modify my original guess). Still, it was worth it to me.

Latest posts