Saddle bag's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSrider

Reaction score
I have noticed that there is quite a bit of play in the saddle bags on my 08. With them secured to the bike, if I put my hand underneath and lift i can rock them back and forth about 1/2 an inch. It doesn't look like they are in danger of falling off but the two pieces on the bags(the ones that hook into the frame) are beginning to wear away at the metal pockets. Is this amount of play similar on your bikes as well?

I thought mine were loose when I first got my bike. So far they are both still on and I'm almost at 6000 miles. I don't think you have to worry about it, Just ride it.

Sounds like the bottom stabilizer got missed the last time they were re-installed.

I did this to mine the first time I took the bags off my '08. When I put them back on, I got the tops lined up, but the third touch point, right behind the passenger pegs had missed. Check to make sure they're in there.

I drilled a hole into bottom of the bag mount and put in a hitch pin now the bags don't move at all and will never fall off!!!
SANY0470.jpg

Not too much movement on the bags, but the screws from the locks have come undone 2 times so far in 450 miles. Still happy so far.

Not too much movement on the bags, but the screws from the locks have come undone 2 times so far in 450 miles. Still happy so far.
The good news is that you haven't lost your locks or bags.

If you'd read the newbie advice, you'd know that you need to apply Loctite Blue to those screws - more properly, your DEALER was supposed to apply the Loctite.

The good news is that you haven't lost your locks or bags.

If you'd read the newbie advice, you'd know that you need to apply Loctite Blue to those screws - more properly, your DEALER was supposed to apply the Loctite.
I've done the blue loctite. The left one has not come undone but the right one still comes lose every 200 miles.