Saddle Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody got any pics of these painted with mat black truck bed liner paint?
No pics available as those few who did were immediately arrested and sterilized so they would never breed.

Anyone got any pics of their FJRs with coonskin tassles on the handgrips?

Has anybody got any pics of these painted with mat black truck bed liner paint?
No pics available as those few who did were immediately arrested and sterilized so they would never breed.

Anyone got any pics of their FJRs with coonskin tassles on the handgrips?
NO, but TWN has bras for his cases!! :haha:

and MadMike has his corners painted with the truck paint to cover some scratches, looks pretty good too !

Last edited by a moderator:
MAN BRAS!

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

:****:

Well, I have to admit RebelRider, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Prolly easy to touch up in case of future mishaps. Certainly better than the man bras.

Sorry TWN, but those abominations are just ghey. and they don't even protect the lower half of the case from road debris. Maybe they would be better in a tiger strip or hot pink.

Reb,

I can't see the pictures.You've exceeded your "data transfer limit". Shame on you.

dobias <_<

The below is the original. Not to be confused with revisionist history as presented later in this thread.

Maybe they would be better in a tiger strip or hot pink.
Now whose the gay one, eh? :****:
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Yours.

Oh wait

You meant Who's the gay one?

Not sure about that one. The guy who sold you those man bras is my first guess. :bleh:

Nope, I'm not buyin that. I hit the quote button fair and square.

Now, don't make me get mid-evil on ya. :2handed: :axerune: :dwarf: :dinamo:

I'd have to walk or ride a horse the 1500 plus miles to SoCal just to have a silly argument with you about accessories and embelishments. Never mind all those theees, thous, and crapethht like that. And the smell. OMG.

And - MY horse would still not have bras of any sort on the saddle bags. Especially upside down, push under bras. :D

Sees all the varied posts and just chuckles. Why is it so many find that a simple solution is so not worthwhile? Why does it have to cost alot? The paint was $7.99 and the sandpaper $2.86 and a couple hours sanding and painting..taking my time with a beer~

Sees all the varied posts and just chuckles. Why is it so many find that a simple solution is so not worthwhile? Why does it have to cost alot? The paint was $7.99 and the sandpaper $2.86 and a couple hours sanding and painting..taking my time with a beer~
Well HELL, if cost was your main consideration, you could have made them look just as ugly for free by tossin' em in a woodchipper.

Wouldn't have cost you a penny. :)

My first thought was that the black crinkle effect makes them look like BMW bags.

Function over form, right? You got by on $10 worth of cheap and they don't look half bad.

If I scratched my bags, this could be the result. I'd probably try to paint them blue, and when I failed at that, this could be the end result. I think it looks a lot better that I expected it to when I read about it!

RebelRider, see photo below to a set of BMW bags done with truck bed liner paint. I got tired of scuff marks and scratches in the glossy paint on the lids of this R1100RS bags. I decided that if I had them painted glossy it wouldn't be a week before I whacked them again with a boot, so sanded out the big gouges, removing all the gloss paint, and sprayed with two coats of generic truck bed liner paint. Paint stays put, and touch up is quick and easy, just hit it with a little shot of the same paint. BMW folks have been doing this for years.

I have the Sargent case protectors too, and agree that more coverage would be better, but the top third of the case is what takes the day to day beating of boots and minor scratches, so I'm happy with the protectors. I'm careless enough that they are a good investment. As for the nay sayers, their mileage may vary.....

IMG_0946.jpg