Saddlebag Protector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papaw

Reaction score
Somewhere on the web I saw an ad for FJR1300 saddlebag protectors. These were not the 3M type stick-ons. These resembled some soft material that covers the saddlebag like a bag while they are on the bike. Has anyone seen them or know where they can be purchased.

I tried the protectors from Sargent and I can't recommend them for a few simple reasons. The quality of the attachment mechanism is suspect at best. I barely got them out of the packaging and the stitching on one started to unravel. The other is the attachment process itself. You have to pull the outer and inner case apart slightly to slip the hard plastic rim of the neoprene protector in between the two.

One more thing - they are ugly. No style at all. Now you could argue that a protector doesn't need style, but you would also think a company like Sargent would understand that practicality alone does not market penetration make.

I remember seeing a "Bra" type cover on the other site... Cant remember....DAMN! I am getting OLD!

I saw the ones made by Sargent, too. Yeah, they are fugly......ok, maybe not that bad, but what is the point in just covering half of the saddlebag. I guess from swinging your leg off, and scuffing it with your boots? I do that often, but I use McGuires Mirror Glaze wax on them at least every other week, and the scuff just wipe off.......

OK, y'all save your shit. I'm just tryin' to help a brother out...

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

OK, y'all save your shit. I'm just tryin' to help a brother out...

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg
God-awful.....[SIZE=21pt]FUGLY!!!![/SIZE]

If my dog were as ugly as those sidecase protectors, I would shave its ass and make it walk backwards!

Just a little constructive criticism, you know.

I like the idea of having something on there to protect the paint from my boot when I climb on and off but, sorry TWN, I do not like the look of those.

It would also be nice to see someone make some sort of metal or strong plstic pieces to put down low to protect the cases from getting beat up in a low speed tumble. I see so many people tell us about dropping their bike in a parking lot and the damage is to the side cases (assuming they already have sliders to protect the front.) I remember seeing someone ask our opinion about some carbon fiber case covers a while back but they were asking a lot of money for them.