saddlebags mounting brackets covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Decided to run with bags off for a bit, took bags off, got out the little plastic covers out to install and discovered it is easier with the rear seat removed, inside the covers they are lettered for front and rear and the little securing catch tabs are inside on the front and rear of the covers with guide tabs top and bottom once I figured it out it was very easy. Thought to post just for FYI stuff. This was on a 2013.

I've installed and removed the bag port covers many times. Never have I removed the rear seat to perform this activity. Can't imagine how that would make putting them on or taking them off any easier.

I've installed and removed the bag port covers many times. Never have I removed the rear seat to perform this activity. Can't imagine how that would make putting them on or taking them off any easier.

His GF has to get off the bike for the seat to come off, making it easier to install those covers.