saddlebags scratch protection?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince

Reaction score
Hi,

I just received frame sliders that i was planning to put on on Monday. Of course Murphy didn't see it that way and he helped me dropping the bike today. Thankfully the fairing is almost untouched since i really put it down slowly (still sucks though) :angry: but the lower part of the saddlebag got scratched.

Now i remember seeing somewhere some pads that can go on saddlebags to prevent scratching them in such situation. I've been unable to find any info so i thought i'd ask if such stuff existed for the FJR.

Thanks a lot,

Vince

I think the ones you're looking for can be found at Sport-Bike Effects. Jeff posts here all the time and owns an FJR, but if I recall they only protect the top of the case from pillion feet.

Bubble wrap might be another choice. Just make sure you get the heavy duty kind and double sided tape. Might have to see what someone else has done. What you are looking for might prevent a few scratches in a tip over. But a nice slide you will probably be looking for new parts regardless. Even with sliders there still can be plenty of damage done, hopefully not too much though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bubble wrap might be another choice. Just make sure you get the heavy duty kind and double sided tape. Might have to see what someone else has done. What you are looking for might prevent a few scratches in a tip over. But a nice slide you will probably be looking for new parts regardless. Even with sliders there still can be plenty of damage done, hopefully not too much though.
Yes, what i'm looking for is purely tip over protection. There's no way to save the bags in a slide so why even try?

Latest posts