Salamander bar ends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAM TOM

Reaction score
Purchased a set of salamander bar ends to help reduce that 4,000 vibe problem. When i pulled them out of the box and started putting everything where it was suppose to go i realized the sleeve wouldnt even fit into the bar end like it was supposed to. Had to take a high speed grinder and hone out the hole to make it finally go togeather. What a poor fit. Cant believe they ship them out that way NOT IMPRESSED

My Salamanders fit perfectly on my 05. Perhaps they changed the bar ends in 2009?-BD
Gunny. Mine fit with great precision.
I would have called Paul (I believe that's his name) and told him of your issue. I have heard of no one having fitment issues with their Gen1 bar ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine fits perfect, the only thing is they changed the style when I got mine I thought I was getting the cone shape ones, called Paul and he was ready to refund my money, he would have made it right if you called him.

Why you would go grinding on stuff before calling the manufacturer? And then bitch about them on a public forum without giving them a chance to make it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess it was just my bad luck, for some reason i just got a bad set. It really was an easy fix, it was clear what the problem was and what had to be done to make them work. Wasnt worth calling manufactuer and sending them back. My post was really to find out if anyone else had this problem . Not hear just to bitch . Down the road i may want to purchase products from them again and was really concerned about quality

I'll add that when I put mine on, my throttle was sticking. I started to scream bloody murder, and called Paul. He was very responsive and helped to walk through diagnosis.

Stupid me had a cramp buster on the end, which closed the rubber grip onto the bar end, causing friction (I have the diamond shaped ones). Moving the cramp buster in 1/8" solved the problem. Yeah, I really felt like a moron for not seeing it first!

-BD