Samsung Helix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
My Roady XT works great, but I'm thinking about stepping up. I like the concept of the Helix, holds some MP3s, built in antenna thats supposed to be pretty good without a remote (even though a remote comes with it), rechargable. Was thinking about mounting it on my FJR and running it through the Autocom that I'm still waiting for.

Looks like changing channels and functions with the little 4 way buttons might be tricky on the bike?

Anyone have any experience with the Helix or the Inno?

Hey Matt,

I have the Inno that I got for the purpose of using on a bike. I bought a little armband holder thinking I could situate it to have a view of the sky while riding. I don't know about the Helix, but the Inno can't keep a signal that way for squat. I think it would still work, but would require the mobile mount and the little patch antenna. It worked fantastic in my truck, but I have yet to try the mobile mount with remote antenna on the bike. Cool thing about XM is they have terrestrial stations, so in the larger cities, you don't even have to pick up the satellites. Problem for me, I live outside that area. Also, the battery life is not known to be fantastic on the Inno. The controls are not bad with the little four way button, but if you want to go from one end of the spectrum to the other, it would require some button work. That is where the remote comes in, but I haven't tried that on a bike yet and not sure I like the idea. It is a small remote.

It does have some plus items though as well. I like being able to record from live broadcast. I like the storage capacity to put whatever music I already have on there. That works great, but then it is just a really fancy MP3 player with overkill. It is a pretty nice portable solution to XM. They aren't bad, and I think they can be made to work on a bike, my little armband thing just didn't quite do it for me.

Hope that helps at least a little,

Bryan