Sargent Front seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
I called and was told that yes I could get just the front half of their two part seat for the FJR. Since this is basically my single up sport tourer I see no need for the whole thing. Anyone ever done that?

I did it with a Mayer, but then I don't usually have a passenger seat installed at all as the space is taken up by a fuel cell.

Usually though Sargent buyers are concerned about appearance more than comfort afforded by a truly custom seat...and you might be mocked for mixing styles. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it with a Sargent seat a couple years ago. I got it with the silver piping. I love the seat and not one person has made fun of me for having different styles....at least, not to my face.

I did it and was mocked mercilessly until I could stand it no longer and traded it with a guy for his Russell Day Long--which really clashes with the stock rear seat. ;)

WHO CARES! If you don't have a passenger, why spend the extra bucks for matching seats?

But then I only wash my bike once a year...

I did it with a Mayer, but then I don't usually have a passenger seat installed at all as the space is taken up by a fuel cell.
Usually though Sargent buyers are concerned about appearance more than comfort afforded by a truly custom seat...and you might be mocked for mixing styles. :rolleyes:
To which I might add...

Your Typical Sargent group ....

Worf-the-Biker--10876.jpg

An the Mayer purchasing fellas ....

hog-fairy-boy.jpg

Gosh I'm feeling better :lol:

:jester:

I did the single front seat replacement. I remember that when I bought mine Sargent offered a cover for the back seat that would match the front for an additional $40.00. I didn't do it but maybe should have. Would probably look better but no one has ridiculed me either for the difference.

When I went to order my Corbin seat, my wife said she found the passenger seat more than OK, so I only got the front seat.

I really do not care that they don't match, and I am happy as I so hated the stock seat. My wife took a 1200 mile trip on the back and said it was fine, so no plans on ever changing it.

KM

To which I might add...

Your Typical Sargent group ....

Worf-the-Biker--10876.jpg

An the Mayer purchasing fellas ....

hog-fairy-boy.jpg

Gosh I'm feeling better :lol:

:jester:
Shit, man, you forgot the "I bought the front only" group...

retards.png

Front only for my Sargent. I can't see the difference in appearance while I'm riding, which is mostly what I bought the bike for. BTW, the Sargent was a big improvement.

pete

Thank you one and all for your responses. I will be looking around at this Saturdays PNW tech day to see what other folks have done to their FJRs.

Many times people will buy a seat and not like it, sell it, and try something else. It probably makes sense to buy the front only and while you are figuring out if you like it, you can find out how much it bothers you having the stock rear seat.

I really like my Sargent seat, in the past I've tried the custom seats through the mail and they all sucked the first time. After 12,000 miles on mine it still looks new and the foam is still holding my but up off the seat pan. I went with Sargent's "do it your self" matching rear seat cover since I ride solo.

408019199_otaLj-M.jpg

408019176_gW9wZ-M.jpg

408019157_UF52J-M.jpg

And... Don't forget that Bike Effects gives a 10% discount for "FJR1300" riders. Thats where I purchased my seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sage;

Really like the looks of the Sargent seat. Curious as to your choice of materials.......Did you choose the Carbon FX, Leather Perf, or Solid Leather for the front seat ? I ride solo virtually all the time, so would do similar and order the rear cover - looks like it fits real well. I'm assuming that Sargent uses their own seat pans ? (which is similar to Corbin and others - another plus IMHO)

Thanks for the pics.

Keep the rubber side down.