Sargent Insert Eval

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TahoeBound

Reaction score
Ok, so I've tried sheepskins, beads, AirHawk, Corbin & now the Sargent "Super-cell" insert. Two consecutive 400 mile days and I'd have to say this is probably the best value/$ I've spent.

Sheepskins & beads really did nothing for me. I had no tingles like stock. No "sit-bone" pain like the Corbin. AirHawk is mostly comfortable but I can't stand the way you move around. AirHawk makes me feel disconnected from the bike and the extra seat height doesn't help.

It's no GoldWing or Electra Glide seat, but good overall. The firmness is somewhere inbetween stock & Corbin. At the end of the day I could tell I had put in the miles, but was more than happy to get back on the next morning.

It's ashame that Yamaha can't put decent quality foam on a sport-touring bike to begin with. I wonder if the '06 is any better?

What did you think of beads? Embarassingly enough, I kinda like beadrider. :eek:

And at $35 they're pretty good bang/buck, if only because buck is pretty small.

The beads were actually pretty effective. At day's end my rear felt excellent. However, during the ride they aggravated my "sit-bones." On the other hand, my wife had no complaints.

If you're interested I'll sell you driver & passenger sets for $40 (to your door).

Is the "Sargent Super-cell insert" that your referred to an add-on pad (like sheepskins and beads) or is it the type of padding that they use when ordering a new or custom seat? I checked out the Sargent site and don't see any reference to it.