Sargent Seat (Front/Back/Both) ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrZappo

Can we please go riding now ?
Reaction score
Looking at Sargent (Yes I know I should get an RDL but not that rich) ...

I see that they can be ordered front or back ...

Simple question, Since I always ride alone, is there any reason to get the back portion ? If I just get the front, will my back still fit fine ?

Does it look odd if I keep the rear stock ?

Hard to tell from the online pics and any opinions are appreciated ...

Thanks all ...

yes, the front will fit fine. I had one on my '08, and took it off and now it resides on my '13. Looks ok, but not quite as good as a complete set. Great seat!

IMG_9202_zpsa709d945.jpg

Sargent on the '08

2012OMHCRFJR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at Sargent (Yes I know I should get an RDL but not that rich) ...
Let me just stop you here though. I've had stock, Corbin, Sargent, Laam and now finally the RDL. If you only want a driver seat you can get a custom RDL front seat delivered to your house for $480 + shipping (S-3 code/vinyl) and that includes recovering your rear seat to match vinyl. That's in line with the $400 - $500 Sargent / Corbin pricing anyways. And believe me there is a NIGHT & DAY difference in comfort with off the shelf one size fits all seats and a fully custom RDL. Spend the $500 on the Russell and thank me later.

RDL pricing

Used sargent seats come up for sell. Watch the classified section. If you can get it for a decent price and don't

like it someone will buy it and you haven't lost much. BTW not everyone is in love with RDL. Butt each to his own.

BTW not everyone is in love with RDL.
Yeah I said the same thing for 2-1/2 years..........until I actually got my own RDL.
uhoh.gif
Then magically my tune changed.
I have a made for me RDL collecting dust out in the garage. It is obvious that the RDL works for many on this forum, butt not for me.

Out in the garage is just an expression. It's in the house collecting dust.

BTW not everyone is in love with RDL.
Yeah I said the same thing for 2-1/2 years..........until I actually got my own RDL.
uhoh.gif
Then magically my tune changed.
I have a made for me RDL collecting dust out in the garage. It is obvious that the RDL works for many on this forum, butt not for me.

Out in the garage is just an expression. It's in the house collecting dust.
Have you considered selling it? Let me know.