Sargent seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRJOE

Reaction score
I have been looking at the sargent seat for my 2008 fjr.

Does anyone have any more pictures than i can find on

their web site.I would like to see the back rest from the

back of the bike view.I had a corbin on my last 2004 fjr.

I thought is was ok & looked great but a little on

the hard side. Here in Ontario Canada I read some good

reviews on the sargent seats..Thanks

I just bought a Sargent seat. Front only. I haven't ridden with it yet but the quality looks good and it seems to have very small "wings" but not as obvious as a Russell. I hear good things too. My last bike (FJ1200) had a Corbin and I liked it a lot but wasn't impressed with their offering for the 06 FJR.

Sargent was quick to deliver the only mistake I might have made was ordering it during the winter when I can't try it during the 30 day return policy.

I just bought a Sargent seat. Front only. I haven't ridden with it yet but the quality looks good and it seems to have very small "wings" but not as obvious as a Russell. I hear good things too. My last bike (FJ1200) had a Corbin and I liked it a lot but wasn't impressed with their offering for the 06 FJR. Sargent was quick to deliver the only mistake I might have made was ordering it during the winter when I can't try it during the 30 day return policy.
I've had a Corbin on my '06 with the optional heat for 2K mi. I've been a fan of Corbin seats since 1994 ride to Daytona. But while it's not a bad seat, with a little more attention to detail it could be much better. For one, I wanted a lower seat yet the front bracket bend and rubber bumpers make the seat a half inch higher than it would otherwise be & because they rivet those on, it is not easily modified. The seat would be more comfortable with a smooth cover since the foam they use is stiff. It feels much more comfortable when I have my JR ballistc overpant on. The heat is a really nice feature and gets heat thru whatever layers you are wearing.

For what they charged for the FJR seat, I'm a little disappointed. Of the six Corbins I've owned, this FJR one was the least comfortable.

I just bought a Sargent seat. Front only. I haven't ridden with it yet but the quality looks good and it seems to have very small "wings" but not as obvious as a Russell. I hear good things too. My last bike (FJ1200) had a Corbin and I liked it a lot but wasn't impressed with their offering for the 06 FJR. Sargent was quick to deliver the only mistake I might have made was ordering it during the winter when I can't try it during the 30 day return policy.
I know where you can get the rear seat and back rest off of an 06 that is perfect. My friend just traded his FJR for a Goldwing (?) The seat has the silver piping on it. I'll check the price if you're interested.

Wade

I got the first seat Sargent made for the FJR......27,000 miles and close to three years later, the seat looks as good as new. I've never had an uncomfortable moment on it. Can't say enough good things about it.

I have been looking at the sargent seat for my 2008 fjr. Does anyone have any more pictures than i can find on

Would you have some pictures?? what does the back of the

back rest look like??? Sargent web site is not blessed with

good pictures *** Joe

I have been looking at the sargent seat for my 2008 fjr. Does anyone have any more pictures than i can find on

Would you have some pictures?? what does the back of the

back rest look like??? Sargent web site is not blessed with

good pictures *** Joe

I got the first seat Sargent made for the FJR......27,000 miles and close to three years later, the seat looks as good as new. I've never had an uncomfortable moment on it. Can't say enough good things about it.

Would you have any pictures of the seat>>>>>>>>> Im still looking for

some good picture of the sargent seat on a 2006-08 fjr >> Thanks Joe