Sargent Seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of other info on this exact topic, so you might want to do some searching.

I like mine. I've broken it in, and with appropriate pants and attention to seams, I've done some 3.5 hour ride segments without seat discomfort pushing me to stop.

Yup. I also own an '05. Bought a Sargent seat in '07. Rough vinyl material, black piping with backrest.

Thoughts: nice looking seat, fits and attaches well. Not cheap, approaching $800 IIRC. The shape is good BUT is quite firm and requires 1000 miles or more to "break in", no complaint from passengers. Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase.

Hope this helps.........

JC

I have a Sargent seat on my 06 and I like it lots better than stock. I just did a 900 mile round trip on it and I managed to do the whole trip without getting any undue pain. No break-in required for me.

I just installed my seat. It was a little difficult as the pin on the front seat did not line up with the hole so well. But it works good now. As far as the seat goes I am very very pleased with the comfort. It is certainly a firm seat but soooooo much better than stock. It has two distinct seating areas on the seat that feel right to me. They are clear back in the seat and up close to the tank and these positions support me very well. Consider I am 6 feet 1 inch and weigh 206 lbs. with a 34 inch inseam. The seat also seems to sit higher but i did not measure so it might just be my imagination. But for sure the Sargent seat gives the engine a 22 horsepower and 18 foot pound gain at the rear wheel, and that in it self is worth the price of the seat. I bought mine from the guy we aren,t allowed to mention and am very pleased with the seat and the service. It was a bit pricey 613 usd delivered. But what is a comfortable butt worth. I am sure as time goes on and the seat breaks in some it will even be better. IMHO it is the best money I have spent on this bike. thanks wilbur-j

I have a Sargent seat on my 06 and I like it lots better than stock. I just did a 900 mile round trip on it and I managed to do the whole trip without getting any undue pain. No break-in required for me.
+1

Been riding with the Sargent for 2 weeks now on my 08FJR and I'm very happy. Not as hard as a Corbin or as soft as the stock. It's right in the middle - firm.