Saved by 3M film

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
First ride with the wifey the other day, and found this after the ride! And she does Yoga.....and she said that she couldn't swing her leg around far enough.....and she soes not follow this forum! Anyhoo, I had some spare pieces that my brother-in-law had given me after using his plotter to cut out the front fairing piece, so I designed a couple for the bags where I thought they were vunerable. Got a template and more material, so it is really a non-event.

DSC00745_zpsea069314.jpg

Damn, those must be some hot stilettos she was wearing... lol.

I had the same experience the other day, while watching my daughter play softball someone backed into my bike and knocked it over in the parking lot. I ended up with a very minor scuff on my left upper fairing (right by the mirror) which buffed out pretty well.

But the bike had been lying on its right side in the dirt I parked next to. My frame sliders did their job perfectly. and the 3M film on my right bag took the grunt of the tree root it landed on. Not bad.. If I was to peel the 3M film off, I am sure the damage would be barely visible.

By the way, no one witnessed this collision, and the perp didnt leave a note but they were nice enough to pick up my bike which was pretty much fully loaded. I might not have noticed till days later if they moved my left mirror back into position (it folded forward from the impact). Then I looked at the slider which was full of dirt and rocks from the grass it had just been imbedded in. (and the nice hole that was left behind in the ground)

IMG_20140621_202418379_zps7exvdctx.jpg

IMG_20140707_174002974_zps3oftkrg1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: