Say hello to my new friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blind Squirrel

Reaction score
I did a fly and ride. Flew down to Charleston SC to pick it up from a private party. 2011 BMW R1200RT with less than 2400 miles on it!

RT-1.jpg

RT-2.jpg

RT-3.jpg

RT-4.jpg

It rode like a dream! While the stock seat isn't anywhere as good as the RDL on the FJR, it still did not leave me hurting at the end of the day either.

I'm still looking to make someone a great deal on my 2004 FJR w/ABS https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=148956

Very nice, congratulations! That was on my radar when I bought my FJR, but there wasn't a dealer close enough for me.

Coincidentally ;)

Taught a ERC this morning at the Air Force Base. Guy on an identical bike showed me just how good the ABS is on those bikes. It was phenomenal really.

The threshold for when to release and when not to was the best ABS I've ever seen.

Great looking bike :)

Congratulations on your purchase! The R1200Rt was definately on my next bike list before the FJR. I just couldn't bring myself to hand over nearly twice the money to a dealer that seemed to have the opinion that my income was at least three times what it really is. I had less than satisfactory experience with the service on my K bike and made the decision to buy the FJR. And couldn't be happier!

Enough of my rant, beautiful machine, ENJOY!!

What's with all the defections to German engineering? Is there some kind of Bavarian kool-aid going around that I'm not aware of? What HAVE you been drinking Squirrel?

Gary

darksider #44

A friend of mine bought an '08 in gold with less than 8,000 miles on it a couple months ago. Dad and I followed him around for a day and I was very impressed. It has plenty of cornering clearance, runs surprisingly well for a twin, and that electronic suspension is really nice. That bike was on the list when we bought the FJR, but...

Anyway, enjoy your new bike. I hope it serves you well.

Congrats Scott! Nice bike.

I so wish the timing was right for your 04. It'll go quick, your FJR is in very nice shape!

Heartfelt Congratulations on your BMW R1200RT, you will really enjoy this fine machine. My BMW RT's have served me well over the years, both my R80RT and my R1150RT. The R80RT took me to Guatemala City in 1990 and I eventually put 200K+ miles on Gretchen, Ingrid pictured below took me to Lake Chapala near Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Ingrid took me back to Vermont for the BMW International Rally in 2006 and then across Canuckistan, Ingrid was my preferred Mexico Riding Mule.

https://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62492 Blind Squirrel, I highly recommend you consider joining the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America; great information on your RT, very friendly folks with lots of get togethers. The 2013 International BMW Rally will be held July 18-21 at Salem, Oregon. I could meet you out on the road for this!

2163839860100360492S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with all the defections to German engineering? Is there some kind of Bavarian kool-aid going around that I'm not aware of? What HAVE you been drinking Squirrel?

Gary

darksider #44
Beemerdons sent me a bottle of something. He claimed it was whiskey. I took a sip and started wanting a BMW.

Gary

darksider #44
Beemerdons sent me a bottle of something. He claimed it was whiskey. I took a sip and started wanting a BMW.
Brother Blind Squirrel, you need not concern yourself mit our Freund Gary; I placed a call on my basement BMW shortwave radio set to Hans und Dieter in Berlin BMW Command Center yesterday after reading ein 'garyahouse' post, Hans und Dieter are touching down at Tampa as we speak and they have Lugers in their luggage. Jawohl, es geht mir Gut!

Mein Komrade, I hope to see you at a BMW Event soon. I will take great pride in teaching you the secret BMW handshake, the fraternal BMW salute and the lyrics, Auf Deutsch of course, to our favorite Wehrmacht marching songs (sung over a roaring bonfire, with plenty of Biere!). Also, I can get you discount coupons for your Bleu und Wiess BMW Roundel tattoo for your posterior; naturally, this Roundel butt tattoo is required for Full Membership in the BMW Brethren! Arbeiten macht Frei, Schatzie!

mc4.jpg

Heartfelt Congratulations on your BMW R1200RT, you will really enjoy this fine machine. My BMW RT's have served me well over the years, both my R80RT and my R1150RT. The R80RT took me to Guatemala City in 1990 and I eventually put 200K+ miles on Gretchen, Ingrid pictured below took me to Lake Chapala near Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Ingrid took me back to Vermont for the BMW International Rally in 2006 and then across Canuckistan, Ingrid was my preferred Mexico Riding Mule.

https://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62492 Blind Squirrel, I highly recommend you consider joining the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America; great information on your RT, very friendly folks with lots of get togethers. The 2013 International BMW Rally will be held July 18-21 at Salem, Oregon. I could meet you out on the road for this!

2163839860100360492S600x600Q85.jpg
Thanks for the link Don! I just signed up. I'm not sure if Mrs. Squirrel will be too keen on me taking another cross country trip so soon. I'll start making inferences and testing the waters.

Does this mean you're gonna be a snob now?