SC to Cal and back, 7500 miles 12 days

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gord

Reaction score
Charleston SC, Denver, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Zion, Sequoia, Yosemite, Great Basin, Bryce Canyon, Canyon Lands, Durango, Taos. and back home.

A few pictures to enjoy

P622226430p.jpg

P622226730p.jpg

P623236030p.jpg

P624244530p.jpg

P624250730p.jpg

P627264730p.jpg

P628268230p.jpg

Can you see them now?

P629282330p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And what are opps?
Opps are what Photobucket posts when your pictures are linked incorrectly. All others see is squares with Photobucket Opps text saying "your image was linked incorrectly, please visit your account for the correct link."

You may see the pics, possibly because you are logged in to photobucket, but no one else is.

I see them. About five photos. They are great. Been there, makes me want to go back. I mean eight photos. I went back and counted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome shots and a load of miles ridden, would love to do the same trip in a 3 months time frame

Keep adding pics

Alfred

great photos and the right number, too.

not so many that it takes a bit of waiting to open the thread...

also amazed that in your shot of Monument Valley, shadow suggests mid-day,

but you're not sweating up a storm.

Captain...

i like that configuration of your bike with the rear luggage occupying the space of the passenger.

who makes the bag / at what price / does the luggage come configurable to be placed there or is it something you did on your own?

Dave Migliore

Except for 2 days, I was very fortunate with the weather on the trip (not to hot).

The luggage trunk is a Givi V46 trunk. The bracket to position the trunk over the passenger seat I fabricated from aluminum and had it powder coated. The bracket clamps around the tubes of the Givi rack. I have been using it for 2 years and have been quite happy with it. One disadvantage is that it has to be unbolted to remove the seat. The seat is a Corbin.

Gord,

Love the photos. Any chance of getting a more detailed report from ya? I mean, that's too long a ride to share so little. Did anything interesting happen (close calls, brushes w/nature, strange people...)?

(My daughter lives in Goose Creek, and I've been playing with an epic ride over there from Oregon. Not this year, sadly.)