Scala rider XM Radios

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Mc

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying my dad an xm radio for his bike. I know he's got the scala rider in his helmet, is there anyway to hook up the XM radio (wireless or wired) to the speaker in his helmet?

If you have the XM activated in a Zumo GPS, it can be bluetooth. If a standalone XM, then it is wired. Scala G4 has an input, some Q2 models had a stereo plug and some didn't.

If you have the XM activated in a Zumo GPS, it can be bluetooth. If a standalone XM, then it is wired. Scala G4 has an input, some Q2 models had a stereo plug and some didn't.

Not sure about the Zumo 660, but the 550 will not send XM over bluetooth. If it is a stand alone XM..you can buy one of those bluetooth dongle? things that will transmit stereo imput via bluetooth.

Also, some XM's have a built in FM transmitter... so if you have a FM radio in your Scala model you can recieve your XM stations that way.

Thanks for the help....I just ordered the xm unit. I plan to connect it via the bluetooth transmitter connected to the side of the XM unit. Hopefully it works. If all else fails the scala has input jack and he can wire it.