Scorpio Alarm Disabler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian T

Reaction score
I just bought a Scorpio Alarm and need to connect the engine disabler. I've got a 2006 and searching to find any details or pictures that would help the installation. I wrote to Scorpio but they sent me details and pictures for pre 06 bikes. Is there a wire coming from the gas tank fuel pump that I could tie into? Any ideas for a 06?

Also any suggestions on best place for the perimeter sensor?

Thanks from Denver

I would not suggest disabling the ignition or fuel pump. If something happened to the alarm while you were in traffic, the results could be disasterous.

I have an alarm that is somewhat more advanced than the Scorpio which also has a disabler output. I wired mine to disable the starter button.

Everything I needed could be found on a 10 pin connector under the left side lower cowling - I took power directly from the battery. This connector has the wiring from the right bar controls - so you'll find connections for the kill switch, starter and hazard switch - all you need with the exception of the main power and ground connections.

The colors of the 9 wires on the connector are:

Red-White – Accessory switched power feeding the engine kill switch

Blue-White – Starter button

Dark Green – Left flasher

Brown

Red-Blue

Black

Brown-White

Chocolate – Right Flasher

Green-Yellow

Watch out for the chocolate and brown wires, ya gotta wonder why they'd put two so similar colors into a single connector.

As to the prox detector - under the seat is probably best, but my alarm doesn't use one so I can't comment.

Here's a clickable picture of the connector:

Last edited by a moderator:
I disabled the fuel pump on my 05 ABS with the Scorpio. Rode it over 20K miles & over a year with no problems. Suggest carrying a spare battery with you & also watching the battery level indicator. Sorry I don't recall the exact wiring point. It would probably be different on an 06 anyway. Good luck.

Thanks from Denver
Perimeter sensor works well mounted under the seat on top of the bar for the seat latch. Adjust the sensitivity to your liking and you're good to go.

--G

Mine worked very well & was mounted under the seat. I also ran the antenna wire vertically down under the seat behind the plastic. It seemed to work well that way. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how I did mine. Working like a champ: Clicky

I don't think bram's concern about the alarm activating unexpectedly will happen. The alarm will not arm while the ignition is on. Also, the relay needs power to cut the ignition or fuel pump. It wouldn't fail into this position.

-BD

I don't think bram's concern about the alarm activating unexpectedly will happen. The alarm will not arm while the ignition is on. Also, the relay needs power to cut the ignition or fuel pump. It wouldn't fail into this position.
The idea is to keep the bike from starting, not necessarily to shut it down while underway

What you should be concerned about is that it is possible for the microprocessor in the alarm to glitch and cut the drive.

If it happened while underway (perhaps due to an electrical spike in your charging system or because of some high pwered farkle being switched on or off) and if the cutoff is activated, the bike would shut down.

It isn't *likely*, but it is conceivable - and anything that negatively affects the overall reliability of the system should be avoided.

I wired it to cut off the starter for that reason.