scorpion batteries

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimmantom

Reaction score
Has anyone here used scorpion batteries?

It has 210 cca with the standard one year warranty.It's AGM maintenience free battery from batterystuff.com.

As I've looked at the different batteries I see that most of them are made in China.

This one costs $73 shipped.

As I've looked at the different batteries I see that most of them are made in China.
That's were most stuff is made...

As to batteries: we've shipped their manufacture (for the most part) off to places that are willing to deal-with 'lead'. Alot of battery production went to Mexico, too.

The governor of Michigan was questioned on national TV about the future of manufacturing electric vehicles in America and she said we have no national battery industry.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about the country of origin. I've had cheap, factory-fill, AGM M/C batteries typically last 7 years.

Tom, look at the westco. it is not much more than the scorpion.
Plus you get a 10% FJRForum member discount from Jeff at Bike Effects.
Thanks for all the comments guys.

How do you get the discount ordering online?
Bike Effects Discount to FJR Forum.com Members

Your Coupon is "FJR1300"

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=23
Thank you James

At the risk of being redundant; Has anyone TRIED a Scorpion Battery??????
Well, no one has come forward today...

In lieu of a (pro or con) response, I will say that I've had good service and life from "no-name" (mostly, made in China) motorcycle batteries when it comes to the modern, factory-fill, AGM maintenance-free types -- like comes originally fitted in the FJR (although the OEM battery is, definitely, not a low-cost one).

Last edited by a moderator:

In lieu of a (pro or con) response, I will say that I've had good service and life from "no-name" (mostly, made in China) motorcycle batteries when it comes to the modern, factory-fill, AGM maintenance-free types -- like comes originally fitted in the FJR (although the OEM battery is, definitely, not a low-cost one).
I am considering a Scorpion battery on ebay.

item # 300404392601

210CCA,.. AGM,.. $66 including shipping,.. 100% feedback rating

Seems like a good deal to me. The local shop wants $195 for the equivalent Yuasa.

I just had the bike down at Daytona, and it was cranking a little slower, and once or twice the time and miles went to zero.

Sounds like the 6-year-old original battery is getting tired, eh?

Comments???

Gyrobob

Thanks. There's a source out in Oregon selling these for $66 to your door. Would like to find a source a lot closer, just on principle.

item # 300404392601

Seems like a good deal to me. The local shop wants $195 for the equivalent Yuasa.

I just had the bike down at Daytona, and it was cranking a little slower, and once or twice the time and miles went to zero.

Comments???

Gyrobob
Agreed! And the same for my 6-yr-old. And I'm not feelin' real peppy myself! ;)

item # 300404392601

Comments???

Gyrobob
Agreed! And the same for my 6-yr-old. And I'm not feelin' real peppy myself! ;)
I ended up getting a westco shipped for $76, if you want name brand that's pretty good.

It came from Bike Effects and he supports this forum.

Give him your business