Scorpion EXO-1000 Owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uctofeej

Master of Random Thought
Reaction score
Any Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet owners have the dark smoke or blue tinted sunvisor? I'm thinking about ordering one, but wanna know if they're any darker than the original and whether they're worth the twenty bucks.

Any Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet owners have the dark smoke or blue tinted sunvisor? I'm thinking about ordering one, but wanna know if they're any darker than the original and whether they're worth the twenty bucks.

I have the EXO-1000 with the blue tinted shield and it is very effective in reducing sunlight glare. It is worth it in my opionion.

I have the EXO-1000 but haven't bothered with the colored visor.

The flip down sun viroe works great fro me, I love it.

Only reason for the colored visor would be for looks

Thread partial hi-jack.

Do any of you 1000 owners have a 4/700? Is the fit/size the same?

I have the EXO-1000 with the blue tinted shield and it is very effective in reducing sunlight glare. It is worth it in my opionion.
Is that the shield for the helmet or the internal sunvisor? I want to keep my clear shield and replace the light smoke sunvisor with something darker.

Thread partial hi-jack.
Do any of you 1000 owners have a 4/700? Is the fit/size the same?

Yes - It's dead on. But

The 1000 is not as quiet as the 700, the sun visor rattles a little in the wind. Also the extra venting which works very well creates more noise. I'm not sure I would repeat the purchase.

Yes - It's dead on. But
The 1000 is not as quiet as the 700, the sun visor rattles a little in the wind. Also the extra venting which works very well creates more noise. I'm not sure I would repeat the purchase.
John, totally agree that the venting works well, but is very loud.

Did want to mention that my sun visor doesn't rattle, maybe something is loose in your particular helmet??? Below 20 mph, I often flip the shield up to get air in and the visor seems solid.

For anyone who is thinking about the 1000, you're gonna need earplugs almost any time you put it on. I can't go across town without plugs in this helmet. But, unlike John, I like the helmet as a whole, especially on those 95+ degree rides. The ventilation is the best I've ever had. The fit is really good and the pump-up cheeks pads are great adjustment feature.

No experience with the 700.

My inner sun visor doesn't rattle either, but the helmet is a little noiser that the Arai I had before.

The air vents are loud and I too have to have earplugs, but I don't find the ventilation system that good! To each his own.....

I would buy again, their half the price of a new Arai and the visor and pump are very useful.

I guess it may be difference in head shapes, but I have used an EXO-700 (large) for two years and love the helmet. If fits me perfectly and comfortable. I wanted the EXO-1000 from the moment I heard about it, but I just tried two different 1000s at the Honda Hoot and the large (same size as my EXO-700 wouldn't even go on my head...tried to cut myears off! Then I tried an XL EXO-1000, and I could get it on, but pressed the side of my head. I released the blow up cheek pads to be sure they werent expanded, they were not. Then I expanded them to see what effect. It did close up nicely, but the sides of my head and ears hurt and this is with the XL. As bad as I wanted to have the 1000 for the sun shield, I just could not get it to fit me like my EXO-700. YMMV.

Ed :unsure:

I guess it may be difference in head shapes, but I have used an EXO-700 (large) for two years and love the helmet. If fits me perfectly and comfortable. I wanted the EXO-1000 from the moment I heard about it, but I just tried two different 1000s at the Honda Hoot and the large (same size as my EXO-700 wouldn't even go on my head...tried to cut myears off! Then I tried an XL EXO-1000, and I could get it on, but pressed the side of my head. I released the blow up cheek pads to be sure they werent expanded, they were not. Then I expanded them to see what effect. It did close up nicely, but the sides of my head and ears hurt and this is with the XL. As bad as I wanted to have the 1000 for the sun shield, I just could not get it to fit me like my EXO-700. YMMV.Ed :unsure:

I have both the 700 and the 1000 as well. Both the same size. My Visor doesn't rattle either. I really like the 1000 and would buy another one. I just cant get into spending 500 bucks for a helmet.