Scorpion Helments

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you had any experience with this brand. Thinking about buying one. I really like the flip down sun visor, and it has a lot of vents so it should vent well. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Click Here

Thanks,

Richard

I've had an EXO-700 for about 30,000 miles now and I really like it. It works well with my Autocom headset, is quiet and vents well.

That said, I looked at the new 1000 at a dealer the other day and it just seemed gimicky. Especially the pump up cheek pads. THe last thing I want is something else to do (pumping the pads) when I'm suiting back up after lunch or a gas stop.

Love my EXO 400

They have good cust service as well. Skip the photo chromatic shield though, its not worth the extra $$ IMO

Thanks for the link on the 1000, I didn't know that one was out yet.

I *thought* there was a rumor they were making a flip up? I know the guy at the Scorpion booth told me that over a year ago...

I also thought someone said that it was out? No mention on website if it's true.

If I was in the market for a Scorpion (like I was before I bought my 700), I'd call University Motors. They had killer prices.

I *thought* there was a rumor they were making a flip up? I know the guy at the Scorpion booth told me that over a year ago...
I also thought someone said that it was out? No mention on website if it's true.
If you're asking if they're making a flip-up as in modular ala a Nolan or Shoei Multitec, the answer is no. The new EXO-1000 however has a flip-up/retractable visor that looks very compelling. (I think the coolest feature of this helmet is the new pump-up air-adjustable cheekpads.)

Scorpion makes a very good helmet. They're designed in the US and manufactured in Korea. My wife has an EXO-700 and loves it; more so than her Shoei RF-1000. It's all about head shape...

Last edited by a moderator:
model 700 here. I like alot.

make sure you get the extra chin wind deflector (maybe $5 cost) helmet harbor usually throws them in free.

as with any helmet, try one on in person before buying to get correct size. (I think mine runs alittle big in sizing). then shop internet for best price & free shipping.

I'd consider mine alittle noisy

Last edited by a moderator:
No complaints with the EXO-400's I bought me and the mrs. At $129 each I initially bought them while I was going to research which higher priced helmet to buy. A year later I don't see the need. Great value.

I like mine a lot (700), but I will admit when all the vents are open it gets a little noisy. I think the 700 is a better summer helmet than winter because you can't close some of the top vents. Makes my head tingle when it's lower than 45!

I really like my EXO-700. I've had it for about a 1 1/2 years. I bought the photochromic visor this summer, and would agree that it's NOT worth the money. It does darken fairly quickly, but doesn't darken enough when riding into the sun's direction. The helmet is fairly quiet, and is even better with the chin deflector.

Their factory customer service is some of the best I've ever received. My next helmet will definitely be another Scorpion, maybe the 1000 model. The sunshield would be really nice to have.

I bought the EXO-1000 last week. The large was very snug, So I bought the XL. Since then I've been adding foam strips to get the right fit. Overall quallty is good. Comfort and padding not so good. Not as good or comfortable as my wife's Soumy. They really need to improve the padding in the halmet.

I had 4 helmets. They all ranged in price from 229 for the scorpion all the way up to 700

The Scorpion became my primary helmet because of it's comfort, anti fog capabilities, low noise and good ventilation. I assumed that my Schuberth Concept with the flip up front and internal retractable sun visor would be my pick...it lost due to comfort and noise issues (and it fogs up way easier than the Scorpion)

I am going to buy a Scorpion EXO1000 to replace my EXO700

I'm working on a deal with the local dealer for a new 07 FJR. I told them I wanted an EXO-1000 to be thrown in and they agreed to at no cost. And no they didn't just add the cost of the helmet somewhere else. I negotiated the price of the bike then asked for the helmet. Anyway I will try to post my experience with it as soon as I can.

I have two EXO-700's - I like them pretty well and will agree they are a bit noisy. I wear ear plugs anyway so no big concern. Wife and I rode for 5 hours in light to heavy rain with these on - they stayed dry for about the 1st hour then the water started to seep in around the forehead area. The visor was kind of a pain to keep clear with the constant rain, but I suspect any helmet would be bad in this type of rain. My head is more of an oval shape and I wear a large. I get just a bit of pressure on my forehead, I tried an X-large but that ended up creating too much room on each side of my head. Overall I'll live with what I have.

I saw the 1000 model and I liked the features. Maybe an e-bay sale of the 700 in the future to buy a 1000?

Herkypilot

I got an EXO-1000 last week and spent this weekend trying it out. I am replacing a Scuberth Concept. The Schuberth also has the flip down sun shade. I love this feature, and when I saw that Scorpion was going to have a new helmet with the same thing I knew I had to try it.

The Scorpion is lighter and much quieter than the Schuberth. The vents work well. The inflatable cheek pads rate a 10 on the cool meter, but only a 5 on the practical meter, at least for me. I would prefer a darker sun shade, but that can be addressed when the alternate sun shields become available in a few months. The "crack the faceshield" lever is a nice feature as well. You move a lever, and the shield moves out a little, allowing air flow around the face even though the shield is in the closed position.

Overall, I really like the EXO-1000.

VM

My local Honda-Yamaha dealer has the EXO 1000 which I tried on and for me personally I still prefer my EXO 400. For whatever reason the 400 fits me a little better than the 700 or 1000. It seemed to me that the 1000 is just a 700 with a few extra features. I to have a more oval shaped head and the 700 and 1000 have the main pressure point on my forehead, no good for long days in the saddle. May be looking at Shoei or Arai in the near future but do like my Scorpion EXO 400.

Both the wife and I have Scorps. My head is so frick'n huge it was tough to find a comfortable helmet, but the Scorp fits really well. I have the gold faceshield, which IMHO really looks nice with the blue bike, and get the 'that's a cool looking helmet' all the time. My only complaint is that even with vents closed air tends to pass through it more than I like. Most would probably agree it's the biggest bang for your buck.

000_0014.jpg