Scorpion RLink

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFC

Reaction score
I have a special gift for killing threads, so I don't think my post the other day got much attention. So I'm giving this product it's own topic as I'm curious if anyone has any experience with it.

rLINK website

rlink-map-screen.jpg
speedoscreen.jpg

They've recently begun advertising this thing in the moto rags - that's where I initially saw it. Anyone seen it in person?

Looks like rLINK is made by Scorpio alarms. Here's a copy of their product overview:

rLiNK’s revolutionary technology keeps you in touch with your motorcycle AND your motorcycling friends. By expanding on our leading edge Scorpio alarm system, rLiNK let’s you monitor, control, track and share your motorcycle adventures. Monitor and control, your alarm functions from anywhere utilizing your my.rlink.com account or your smart phone application. You can also receive notifications and even track your bike if it is moved.
Plan your solo or group ride on your my.rlink.com account and monitor it during the trip on your iPhone®. Then you can send updates to other riders or friends using your Facebook® or Twitter® accounts that are linked into the system. Once the ride is done, you can analyze and share any portion of your ride utilizing the captured data through your social networking accounts.

Our easy-to-install system comes with a 3-Stage Perimeter Sensor and waterproof transceiver, GPS antenna and a standard connector plug (yearly connection account required for full functionality). If you have an iPhone®, just download the free app from the App Store®, sync it to your account and you can enjoy all the features of the rLink system.
I've been through their website a few times. While you can find pricing related to the physical unit, I haven't seen any quotes for the "connection" fee.

I really like the concept though. I'm not a huge fan of gps units, but would LOVE the capability of reviewing my rides when I get home. So, I love the mapping features of gps units, but can do without the directions ahead of time. Also, my wife is a worry-wart. If there was a way for her to track my progress on the bike via the computer (even her phone!), then I know she would be much more comfortable while I'm away.

Obviously there is some overlap with a product like Spot. However, I like where this product seems to be going.

Looks interesting. When you get to the pricing info, looks like they have added a note on 3/19...... $9.95 per month. For the $595 initial price, you get the alarm system also. I have their alarm and think it is great, but this is an integrated unit, not an add-on.

This sounds like a great product, but for $600.00 that's a bit salty!

If all you want to do is review your rides, any navigator with a tracklog will do that (less than $100 or so if you aren't picky) or you can buy a tracker for about $100-200 and subscribe for $10 or $15 a month and get the data from a web site.

I have always run navigators and I have a GPS/GSM tracker in my car (I stuck it on the bike for last summer's major road trip) and the diffference between the granularity (detail) between the on board tracklog and the on line was was very significant.

I'll stick to a navigator, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: