Screw in Tire=New Tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

650cent

Reaction score
2500 miles on the rear OEM Battlax BT02 and I picked up a screw. It was flat the next day when I went to move the bike. Called a couple of dealers, one said they would not put a plug in it, insurance wouldn't allow it. The other said they would plug it from the inside if the puncture was with in the middle third of the tread. Of course it wasn't :( Anyway, I bent over and had them insert a Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier to the tune of $210 which includes the mount and balance. Got the St. Helens ride coming up this weekend and needed it fixed.

My question is, has anyone had any experience with the Qualifier? How does it do in the rain? I hear its a road and sometime track day tire.

Bill

2500 miles on the rear OEM Battlax BT02 and I picked up a screw. It was flat the next day when I went to move the bike. Called a couple of dealers, one said they would not put a plug in it, insurance wouldn't allow it. The other said they would plug it from the inside if the puncture was with in the middle third of the tread. Of course it wasn't :( Anyway, I bent over and had them insert a Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier to the tune of $210 which includes the mount and balance. Got the St. Helens ride coming up this weekend and needed it fixed. My question is, has anyone had any experience with the Qualifier? How does it do in the rain? I hear its a road and sometime track day tire.

Bill

The qualifier should be a good tire for this bike it will be interesting to hear how it works out for you be sure and let us know. RIDE SAFE

I would be interested to know how it works out. That tire according to Dunlop is made for the Track. (Successor to the top-selling D208ZR sport radial, the Qualifier offers true race track-level grip and performance. )

Let me know how it works for you.

Uncaged