Seal Mate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisJ

Reaction score
Anyone know of a Seattle area retailer that carries the Motion Pro SealMate fork seal cleaner? Easy to find on-line but shipping costs are more than the seal at every place I looked.

Cycle Gear generally has these hanging from a hook along the back wall (of all the Cycle Gears I've been to). While it looks like they don't have stores listed specifically in Seattle, it appears some are within an easy ride of it.

I-90 in Issaquah carries "seal doctor" which work a little better the sealmate but are more expensive [$25] and larger to carry on the bike.

Seattle Cycle Center [206-524-0044] carries the sealmate.

Cycle Gear in Lynwood is about 30 minutes depending on traffic and is only a short detour when I am coming back down from Boeing in Everett to office in Redmond. Looks like my best bet. Thanks

Seattle Cycle is another possibility as I am out in Ballard quite often on weekends. Thanks. Looked at the Seal Doctor but price is always a factor. Thanks.

Thanks Niehart. Went up to Ride Motorsports in Woodinville after work yesterday since my office is near City Hall in Redmond. Nice relaxing ride over to the 202 and then up. Back down the same way except off the 202 at 124th so I could stop at the ARCO station at Willow Run and 90th for fuel. Planning a ride with a small group in the morning over Snoqualmie, down the Yakima River and then back via Selah/Naches on the 410. Have my cooling vest in it's dry sack ready to go. This will be my first chance to try it out in 90 degree temperatures. Should be a nice ride.