Search failed me so I need intercom advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumby

Reaction score
Okay I have a GL 1800 and two brand new helmets with built in head sets that my GF and I use on that bike. I would like to get a intercom for the FJR and still use the HJC's we just bought. Anyone do this? Anyone have ideas of a manufacture that I could email and get a intercom that will accept the GL ingercome set up.

Thanks

Gumby

Check with autocom and starcom. I know I've seen some mention of goldwing items on the autocom web pages.

Okay I have a GL 1800 and two brand new helmets with built in head sets that my GF and I use on that bike. I would like to get a intercom for the FJR and still use the HJC's we just bought. Anyone do this? Anyone have ideas of a manufacture that I could email and get a intercom that will accept the GL ingercome set up.
Thanks

Gumby

I know it has been said before on this forum, but if you have a question about Autocomm working with HJC's that plug into your Goldwing, Keith Goudelock (pr. Godlock) at Tulsa Truck Center will be able to answer all your questions. His number is 918.446.2245. He is an Autocomm only dealer but he has significant knowledge on this system and will work with you any way that works for you. I have spent my fair share of money with him. Your best chance to talk to him is Mon-Fri 8-5 CST. The rest of the time he's playing motorcycles!

Thanks

Gumby
If I'm not missing the point here, you're concerned about the interface between your Goldwing style headset connectors and a new intercom system. I'd check out J&M to see if anything over there suits your fancy. They deal in a lot of Wing stuff and there might be compatibility between that and their proprietary systems. EdSets makes a nice (if spendy) adapter that might help you utilize a Autocom or Starcom system. These also allow the use of custom ear molds. https://edsets.com/edsets_adapters Good luck.

Thanks

Gumby
If I'm not missing the point here, you're concerned about the interface between your Goldwing style headset connectors and a new intercom system. I'd check out J&M to see if anything over there suits your fancy. They deal in a lot of Wing stuff and there might be compatibility between that and their proprietary systems. EdSets makes a nice (if spendy) adapter that might help you utilize a Autocom or Starcom system. These also allow the use of custom ear molds. https://edsets.com/edsets_adapters Good luck.
Ed Sets is the answer; I have them in my GW set up and called him today. Just got his reply and he recommended J&M with his adapter.

I've got the J&M CB Unit which has passenger and rider intercom. That's the unit you'll want to work with your existing helmets. This place has the best prices on J&M stuff, that I found anyway....https://www.sierra-mc.com/

J&M is a little pricey, but works great and they are great to deal with. Always answered my questions when I called.

Smoke