Sears motorcycle jack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don2334

Reaction score
I have a Sears motorcycle jack that I used on my roadstar. It was real handy to roll the bike around the garage to get it out of the way. It doesn't look like ther is much under the FJR to rest on the jack. Has anyone on the forum used one of these on the FJR? or do I have another obsolete tool.

Don

I haven't used mine on the FJR but there are folks here that have without issue. I'm sure they will post up with the right way. I'm spoiled with a couple of Handy Lifts. :yahoo:

I haven't had any problem placing the jack under the exhaust pipes in addition to using the center stand. This will lift the front enough to get the front wheel off.

You can put a 2x4 under the headers to spread the weight if you wish. Actually, if you want to get real fancy, a few minutes with a 2x4, a saw, and some nails can get you a custom 'stand' that will pick the bike up by the engine instead of the headers: Check it out here.

Hell yes. I put a 2 x 12 across the two jack lift bars and bolted it with counter sunk carrige bolts and it works great under the pipes, it spreads the load evenly and it balances pretty well too. Don't know if I would use like a bike dolly and roll around the shop with it though <_<