Seat Adjustment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riderjohn

Reaction score
I want to know how to raise/lower the seat. I have tried search deal on this forum but have had limited results. For example, I can not find Bin of Facts or whatever that is called. I would like to find that. Back to the seat adjustment, I figured out what the black plastic piece does underneath the riders seat. However, I read somewhere that you also have to move the plastic receptical that the front of the seat slides into. I do not see how to change that receiver. I know this has been discussed several times but I just can't find the answers and looking at that front receptioal does not make it clear what I should do. Sorry about 'same ole quesitions'.

Hey John,

Just move the plastic piece to upper or lower position. There are markings on the support,and frame. Look at the bottom rear of the tank where the seat goes in. Pull out the black plastic plug and install it in the other hole that is available. Once you try it a time or two it's pretty easy.

Ken.

Hey John,
Just move the plastic piece to upper or lower position. There are markings on the support,and frame. Look at the bottom rear of the tank where the seat goes in. Pull out the black plastic plug and install it in the other hole that is available. Once you try it a time or two it's pretty easy.

Ken.
Thanks, Ken

Does the black plastic plug pull out easy?

John

I want to know how to raise/lower the seat. I have tried search deal on this forum but have had limited results. For example, I can not find Bin of Facts or whatever that is called. I would like to find that. Back to the seat adjustment, I figured out what the black plastic piece does underneath the riders seat. However, I read somewhere that you also have to move the plastic receptical that the front of the seat slides into. I do not see how to change that receiver. I know this has been discussed several times but I just can't find the answers and looking at that front receptioal does not make it clear what I should do. Sorry about 'same ole quesitions'.

A good illustration is on pg 3-15 of your owner's manual. It's a 2-part process; sliding the seat height adjuster to "H", then snapping the front holder into the lower position, allowing the seat to slide over it. It'll make sense after you see the pictures.

Hey John,

Ken.

Hey John,

Ken.
Thanks Ken. I did get it. It still was not obvious to me at least but I finally got the front plastic piece off and then I figured it out. Thanks. I didn't want to start prying on that plastic piece until I knew for sure it comes off. I have pried before and ended up with two pieces sometimes. I now try to ask before prying.

You will find the bin of facts just below Tech/Mech problems. Click on FAQs and Common Historical Info. Then click on the FAQs for your year of bike.

Mac

Hey John,

Ken.

Does anyone know if this adjustment can be done on an '05?