Seat Cowl

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakota

Reaction score
I'm not interested in adding a trunk to my 04 fjr, but a seat cowl that would replace the passenger seat would interest me. Anyone know of any company that makes one for the fjr1300?

Rumor has it that Corbin is going to release a "Smuggler" trunk for the FJR in several weeks. See this thread:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...hl=corbin+trunk

This is what the ST1300 one looks like:

st13smug1.jpg

NYPete

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not interested in adding a trunk to my 04 fjr, but a seat cowl that would replace the passenger seat would interest me. Anyone know of any company that makes one for the fjr1300?
Would you be interestd in an actual fiberglass cover that would go over the stock rear seat? I may be working on one that would fit over the rear seat and blend into the lines of the bike. No storage though.

I made my own rear trunk using a product called Speedpac, a motorcycle backpack. No intentions to produce another of those, but I'm looking into a simple rear cowl fo the FJR that just slips over the rear seat and follows the bikes lines.

Would you be interestd in an actual fiberglass cover that would go over the stock rear seat? I may be working on one that would fit over the rear seat and blend into the lines of the bike. No storage though.

You had me interested until you said "no storage". I have thought of using the rear seat pan as a base and having a local fiberglass fabricating outfit see what they can come up with. Haven't gotten around to it though.