Seat Lock and Powerlet Issue -

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beachdancer

Reaction score
Bought a two outlet rear set from powerlet, which mounts around the seat release key. Installation kit included one long bolt, to be used to stabilize one of the two screw holes mounting the lock, while the bracket is attached to the other screw, and then returns to replace the long positioning screw.

Instruction caution that loosing purchase with the long screw creates a problem, as the holes in the lock assembly are hard to align (not impossible, the instructions read, but difficult..)

The positioning screw provided, so important to the reassembly process, was provided in the wrong size - 6mm instead of 8mm. As a result, it failed to hold, leaving me with the (not impossible, but difficult) task of figuring out how to align the parts and receiver within the lock to fit a screw in and get purchase.

Anyone have any experience here or any suggestions? Getting the lock box out looks pretty close to impossible. My last resort may be an oversized tapered metal screw that could get purchase and pull the lock elements forward and together. I can hear the FJR whimpering with the pain...

I have tried to get any suggestions from Powerlet - but no response so far. Any help appreciated.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.