Seat Rework

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flapsup

Reaction score
There is a guy in east central Florida who reworks seats for less than $100. Does anybody know his name? I lost his contact info and would like to give him an opportunity to take some of my money.

Spencer does great work! He's good to deal with too, will work with you on the phone if you need to call and ask any questions. His LDGel is something you want to add. I did the Spencer mods to my SV650St seat and it made it much nicer to ride 10+ hours last summer. But I will say, his modded seats don't hold a candle to a true custom seat (Russel for me on the FJR) for long distance comfort.

I've done the beaded seat cover, the Butt Buffer gel pad, the sheepskin, the yoda riding position, stretching on the go, stretching while stopped, and none of it helps enough after about 200 miles. I didn't like the one Sargeant seat I tried and I don't cover enough ground to justify spending the money on a Russell or a similar true custom seat, but I need some relief! I am hoping for nice and relatively inexpensive compromise. It certainly can't hurt.

I traded e-mail yesterday with Spencer, got a couple photos done last night and filled out the work order and asked for the LD option. Today I'm looking for shipping box and hope to have it mailed out tomorrow. Soon as I get it back and put a couple hundred miles on it, I'll post up a little report.

no knock on the work Spencer does. I believe he does what he says and many testify to an improvement that really helped.

my butt needed even more help. I had the LD version done by Spencer and it helped me get about 90 minutes out of my seat time.

for me that wasn't enough. I needed to be able to ride 600-700 miles a day w/o intense pain. For me the Spencer mod didn't give me that.

I ended up working with a local upholsterer to do a seat mod and I've logged about 250 miles on that seat before it got too cold and work interferred with a long test ride.

I'm optomistic that I've got a seat that will work for me and it was under $200 to do driver and passenger in vinyl.

Every butt is different and I wish you luck. I really hoped that great day to ride would be all I needed but my skinny butt needed even more tlc.