Seat, Shield, Top Box Etc Pricing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll get various opinons from the board, I have the Rifle 4X4 sheild Givi 46 Top box and still OEM seat after 50,000 miles will need new seat soon. I like the Givi as it is a metal rack and the box holds more than the the Yamaha box, and no drilling with Givi just take off stock rack and put new Givi on same bolts. The Givi is the same color as my bike. No problems with the Givi.Its up to you en the end.

rogerfjrfaster :D

If you add everything up separately its a good price.

If I didn't have the Yamaha top box and all the trimmings, plus just buying a Sargent seat with backrest etc, I would have bought this kit yesterday.

Rodger has it correct. Some folk love the Yamaha ( Corbin ) seat , some hate it, Some love the Yammie shield , for others it's not large and quiet enough.

You will need to drill the tail plastic on the bike to install the Yammie trunk, and it won't hold two helmets, but your spare cylinder that comes with the bike can be used easily. Trunk mounting bracket installs on the stock rack.

The Givi is a no drill installation and will hold both helmets, uses it's own strong rack to mount the box. Takes a little work to get it rekeyed to match the bike key.

Spare cylinder, what's that? And what can it be used for?

Sorry, if that's stupid question.

Ah, I think I figured it out. You're talking about the locking asemblies.... right?

I was trying to figure out what a spare cylinder was and how it would help me stow two helmets :- )

Last edited by a moderator:
The bike is delivered with three keyed lock cylinders, all keyed to the ignition key. Two of these are for the saddlebags and the third is for the Yamaha trunk.

Sometimes the dealer puts it in the tool kit, or stashed under the seat somewhere. Sometimes they keep it as they don't have a clue!!

There are no stupid questions! ;)

What follows is a personal, biased opinion... YMMV

Tha Yamaha trunk has been reported to cause high speed wiggles, and it's not the prettiest piece of engineering I've seen (not aero at all). I saw the Givi C46 and saw right away that it was closer to my idea of what would look good on the Feejer. The mount for the Givi I had powdercoated flat black, it looks good, and has piping which is a good grab handle for the pillion. C46 had an option for matching Blue, which is a darn close match tho not perfect. Oh yeah, with the Givi mount there is no drilling required.

Yamaha stock '05 windshield sucks.

Taller Yamaha windshield sucks just a little bit less.

Bought a Rifle, a little too big, but it sucks much less than the Yamaha screens...

Based on everything I've heard here at the forum, I'll be getting a russell seat to replace the Yamaha bun burner.

Hey, other that that it's a heck of a deal...

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys. I think maybe I'll keep my finger away from the mouse in this case :)

ebay is the devil.