Seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoham

Reaction score
Went for my longest ride without a stop yesterday. The seat on my 06 almost did me in at the 100 mile mark. Now I am probably not your average FJR rider. I weigh 280 and well over 6 feet tall. My upper legs were screaming. Who makes the best seats for us big dudes ?

Moved thread to it's proper home.....although the "who makes the best" could make this thing land in the Never-Ending-Pointless-Recurring thread.

I'm 6'4" and 260 on an '05. I have a custom Rick Mayer and fairly satisfied (although I'm going in for one more tweak).

Russell Day-Long are very hard to beat if you're truly into LD riding. They're definitely for functional even if they're a bit less artisitic.

A bit that helped in the custom seat was to have it raised a 1/2" or so. It made my quads less stressed and angry with me over the day.

Not sure how these custom folks deal with the '06 frames though.

Strongly recommend that you consider the Russell.

I'm 6'2" and weigh 225#.

I recently spent 14 hrs on the bike riding with teerex51, mike_h and others in the mountains of NC and TN. Absolutely no seat-related problems during all of that time.

Regards,

JW :D

Went for my longest ride without a stop yesterday. The seat on my 06 almost did me in at the 100 mile mark. Now I am probably not your average FJR rider. I weigh 280 and well over 6 feet tall. My upper legs were screaming. Who makes the best seats for us big dudes ?
Depending on where you live, may I suggest Rich's in Seattle? He's been building custom seats for 37 years. If you can get to Seattle, basically what happens is you pull in at 8:30 in the morning and pull out at 5:30 at night riding on your new custom saddle. In between there's lots of story telling and BSing intespersed with measuring, cutting, and riding. His gear is gauranteed forever. Front and rear in leather is $900. Front only is about half. When i was there, he was fitting a guy that played pro ball and weighed every bit of 300lbs and stood 6' 8" (albeit on a Harley). No doubt he can build you a seat.

:) I really love my Russel. I have done a couple of 24 hour 1000 mile rides with no problems. I don't under stand why I didn't get it sooner.

:) I really love my Russel. I have done a couple of 24 hour 1000 mile rides with no problems. I don't under stand why I didn't get it sooner.
Yeh! Exspeshully whin yuh rides with sum peeples thet gots wunna them Russell Daylong Saddles, already. They bees livin' up to thar rep-yoo-tayshun......"all day long....all day long".

6'2", 32" inseam. I followed the sage advice of many of the LD riders on the various forums and have been smiling since then. Russell raised by seat close to an inch. Very little problems from my, er, uhm, "elderly legs". I will confess to using Wild Bill's travel pegs to move my legs around on longer rides, but my "bum" never complains as compared to 200 miles on the stocker---I HAD to get off because of the pain.

[SIZE=8pt] Uh-oh, only 9 more to go.....[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator: