Second-Look tank covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric W

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these people are still in business? www.second-look.com I purchased a half Tank cover from them back in Oct and am still waiting for delivery. They will not answer any calls or return any E-Mails They didn't hesitate to charge my C.C. However! But they are advertising Holiday specials on their Website as if there operation is going full blast. To be fair I ordered two covers , a full tank cover for longer trips with tank bag, and a half cover for the rest of the time. the full cover was delivered quickly with a promise the other one to be made up and delivered in a couple of weeks. I can understand the fact they might be waiting on an order from their supplier or something, But this is turning into a complete Blow off! Thanks Eric

I got in on the group buy back in July, Link Here I think it took about 2 or 3 weeks to get

my skin. The group buy thread mentions that they don't normally answer their phone.

If they are not answering any emails or calls it's time to get the CC card company to charge back. That usually gets their attention if they are still there.

I hope it's not too late to have the CC company do it...the window to do that is not very long (30 days? 60 days? from purchase).

I hope they're not out of business, I too was in the group buy, and have been very happy with the skin I got.

I hope it's not too late to have the CC company do it...the window to do that is not very long (30 days? 60 days? from purchase).
I hope they're not out of business, I too was in the group buy, and have been very happy with the skin I got.

Yes, BEWARE! I ordered a tank bra on 12/20/09; they took the money from the cc then. Didn't get an email or notification of shipping; sent multiple emails and left multiple messages. Finally, on 1/7/10 I got an email saying they took an "extended" holiday vacation and that my order would be another 2-3 weeks. It's now past that time and again they don't reply to emails or phone calls.

I think you have 60 days to challenge bill with cc; I'm gonna find out, do it if I can, and get back and post.

Not sure what is going on with this company, but I'd advise anyone thinking of purchasing anything from them to call or visit and make sure they both have stock and it's coming/can get before purchasing.

It would be great if someone that lives local to that could stop by and see what's up....

https://tinyurl.com/yh5pg6j

Second Look

2784 Homestead Rd. #370

Santa Clara, CA. 95051

Customer Support Please Call: 1-800-566-5753

Yes, BEWARE! I ordered a tank bra on 12/20/09; they took the money from the cc then. Didn't get an email or notification of shipping; sent multiple emails and left multiple messages. Finally, on 1/7/10 I got an email saying they took an "extended" holiday vacation and that my order would be another 2-3 weeks. It's now past that time and again they don't reply to emails or phone calls.

I think you have 60 days to challenge bill with cc; I'm gonna find out, do it if I can, and get back and post.

Not sure what is going on with this company, but I'd advise anyone thinking of purchasing anything from them to call or visit and make sure they both have stock and it's coming/can get before purchasing.

It would be great if someone that lives local to that could stop by and see what's up....

Second Look

2784 Homestead Rd. #370

Santa Clara, CA. 95051

Second Look

2784 Homestead Rd. #370

Santa Clara, CA. 95051

I just drove by, on my way home from work. The business is still there, you can see a picture of it here.
That's a picture of the UPS store; so either he's working out of his home and using this as an address, or something else, but it's doesn't look good to me...

I got the charge straightened out, but still no word from them. I finally quit after leaving numerous phone messages (I could never get anyone to answer regardless of time), and no email replies except at the very beginning of the ordeal promising my order would be "another 2-3 weeks".

As I said before, BEWARE! Lesson learned to me, but I still don't have a tank bra...