Second Look

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlan

Reaction score
Hey there everyone!

I'm trying to order a tank-bra from Second Look but cannont figure out if they are open. The number on the website is disconnected but the site is still taking orders.

Does anyone know what the status of the company is?

Thanks

I've read somewhere that they are no longer in business. I've sent three emails this year to them. Two were asking questions for products in connection with a potential order. The third was asking them to confirm that they are still in business. They did not reply to any of my emails. What does that tell you? A business that does not respond to emails is not a going concern (IMO). Order at your own risk. Let us know if you take delivery of any ordered products. I really like the look of their tank skins.

I wouldn't order ANYTHING from anyone who does not have a valid phone contact number. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems a lot easier to delete an unhappy email from you than it is to not answer the phone.

I bought a skin for my 05 about two weeks ago. They were a little slow to ship (about 8 days - ups ground).Of greater concern to me was the quality of the goods. It feels like cheap vinyl, I didn't care for the look at all, and when I opened it one of the attachment hooks was hanging by a tread.

I hate to bad-mouth any business, but I really didn't care for the product. I had a 1/2 tank bra on my concours. It was great. Nicely made, good fit. If I could find one like that (with a padded side against the trunk) that'd be ideal.

Long story short, I returned the bra and am waiting for a refund. I'll report back if the refund isn't here this week as promised.

I bought a skin for my 05 about two weeks ago. They were a little slow to ship (about 8 days - ups ground).Of greater concern to me was the quality of the goods. It feels like cheap vinyl, I didn't care for the look at all, and when I opened it one of the attachment hooks was hanging by a tread.
I hate to bad-mouth any business, but I really didn't care for the product. I had a 1/2 tank bra on my concours. It was great. Nicely made, good fit. If I could find one like that (with a padded side against the trunk) that'd be ideal.

Long story short, I returned the bra and am waiting for a refund. I'll report back if the refund isn't here this week as promised.
The follow-up:

These guys suck. The refund never came, they don't respond to emails. I filed a claim with my credit card company. With any luck at all I may see the funds returned, but I no longer have any trust in this vendor. :angry: :angry:

The follow-up:

These guys suck. The refund never came, they don't respond to emails. I filed a claim with my credit card company. With any luck at all I may see the funds returned, but I no longer have any trust in this vendor. :angry: :angry:

+1+++

I tried to order a tank skin over the New Year's timeframe and they wouldn't reply to emails, phone calls, etc. Another post had a local member that tracked their address to a UPS store mail box establishment. I would be VERY, VERY careful in any dealings with this vendor!!! It appears to me at least this is a garage run outfit run by someone who just doesn't give a sh*t...

I still don't have a tank bra/cover and would really like one; doesn't appear to be any easy options here unless some wisdom of the list can input something I've either missed or don't know about.

My son ordered a tank bra and seat skins from them 8 or 10 years ago and build quality and service were excellent. I wonder what ever happened?

I just ordered a tank bra from them and also quickly found out the phone number on the wesite is disconnected. They answered one of my Emails and ignored two others. However, after about two weeks I did get the bra and it is very nice. The quality of the construction and materials seems very good. I am very happy with it because I did a lot of searching and couldn't find any other source for a tank bra for the FJR. When I received the bra there was a business card with the shipment that has another phone number, I haven't tried it but it might be worth a call. 916-331-5665 If you can't get anywhere with Second Look I'd think about Tankslapper as a viable alternative. I had given up on Second Look and ended up also ordering form Tankslapper and they are very responsive and helpful. I'm using their kit in 3M material on top of my tank under my magnetic tank bag and the SL bra on the back.

Good Luck,

Jeffery

Hey there everyone!

I'm trying to order a tank-bra from Second Look but cannont figure out if they are open. The number on the website is disconnected but the site is still taking orders.

Does anyone know what the status of the company is?

Thanks

I have been Dealing with these people since last October I ordered two covers one full and one half. The full cover made it in a little over a week with a promise of the second following about a week later. well im still waiting Multiple phone calls with no reponce, multiple E Mails & Fax's no responce. The last E Mail I sent them stated they are recieving a lot of negative press in the forums, & And that I would love to have something positive to say about them , But no responce to that either! Bottom line They ripped me off for the cost of a half cover, the one they did supply is worth the money, And these people are Flakes in my opinion. Those of you that were succesfull in placing and order & Recieving your merchandise How did you do it? Im trying that Phone number next! Eric

A quick update on that 916-331-5665 Ph No. When I tried 5-17-10 it is Disconnected and no longer in service. Eric