Securing your FJR - what do you use?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
How are folks securing their bikes?

Chains? Disc locks? Alarms?

Big, angry dogs, ogres and pissed of sparrows?

I only go OEM... fork lock is your best protection since aftermarket parts cannot be trusted. :ph34r:

I use the garage at home and a cover and disk lock (Xena15 with alarm) when on the road; and park in a glare from a street light if possible, as close to my sleeping accomodations as possible.

Everyday .."Replacement cost insurance" and a Kimber .45 is all I use.

When traveling I will use a lockable cover, and a portable motion detector alarm, along with the mentioned Kimber, and try to park it where I can see and hear it.

If someone wants it bad enough they will likely take it no matter what you use.

KM

I used to use a pissed off sparrow, (Xena disc lock/alarm), and a cover. The pissed off sparrow just ended up pissed when the battery got low and the drunken little idiot wouldn't stop chirping. Now it's just a disc lock.

The bike has over 100k, scratches on the bags from a get-off and no electronic farkles. And it's dirty too. Theft is not a real big problem any more. :eh-smiley: I still sometimes take the cover and toss that on for the overnight stops. Keeps the rain off.

1) Glock 26 with Crimson Trace laser sight.

2) Garage at night.

3) Security cameras and armed deputies at work. :eek:rc:

4) Insurance

5) "The Club"

I run 'er through a mud puddle and park next to a nice clean Harley.

Who'd want to steal a dirty POS?

:rolleyes:

At home it sits in the garage. When on a road trip I just put a cover over it at night to keep prying eyes away and moisture off the electrics. Other than that, it's insured.

How are folks securing their bikes?
Chains? Disc locks? Alarms?

Big, angry dogs, ogres and pissed of sparrows?
farkle confusion & intimidation...

<seems to be working>

3708483364_2db01fa377.jpg