Sena 10 series

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickysnickers

Reaction score
Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't see the answer to a simple question. On the Sena 10 series, are the driver and passenger units wired together, or are they wireless? Meaning, do the driver and passenger have to have a wire running between the two units in order to talk to each other?

Thanks

There are not any wires. We have the SMH10 and they are great. They are advertised as being able to connect 4 units in intercom but we have actually managed to pair 5 units together several times. They are super easy to use with gloves and when people call me while I am doing 70 mph on the freeway, they say it is as clear as me talking to them on my cell phone standing in my house. They are always surprised at how clear it is.

Carl

My family, friends and I have more than 10 Sena SMH-10s. They were excellent as described in last post and I find they do everything that is advertised. There are newer Sena models for more $ of course. These SMH-10s can be bought new for around $160 per helmet. We all love these devices and highly recommend them.

Also,

The battery tends to get flaky after about 3 years (after many charge/discharge cycles). If you are nice with the customer service person you can request a replacement OEM battery from Sena and they usually will send you one free of charge. Now it's good for another 3 years!