Sena Setup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogan

Reaction score
For those of you using the new 20s, can you offer any guidance on the correct sequence for pairing multiple devices? Does the sequencing even matter? I'll need to pair to GPS, iPhone and second headset for intercom.

Mogan

The Senna website offers great explanation of the various options for pairing to GPS and to "other" headsets.

As Fred said, need specific info on what you are trying to pair and what you are trying to achieve through the pairing.

In addition....

Here is a list of videos on the Sena 20s that have been very helpful to me and many others

Not trying to dodge the question but Sena has a whole series of videos on Youtube covering this very topic with examples using different combinations of phone, ipod, gps, etc.

okay, thanks for these posts. I'll check youtube.

My intent is to use my iPhone as MP3 player and control it through the GPS which obviously gets used for audio instructions. Plus, use of intercoms.

Order doesn't matter. I always have bluetooth on the phone on, so it picks up first whenever I turn the 20S on. The GP10 gopro pack is on as well, that usually registers next. If the wife already has her smh10 on that picks up and so on. You don't have to worry about it.

I've found it tricky to use both the phone app to connect to the 20S and also pair/connect the 20S to the GPS. I've deleted the phone app altogether because of this. Now what I have is 20S -> 590 -> Samsung Phone. Plus the harness connector to my iPod nano for music and the 20S for FM radio (the last for local riding only).

The downside is that a few of the 20S settings can seemingly only be done through connecting to the phone app and a couple of additional integrations require the phone to be paired directly. Maybe there's a way to get this kind of thing to behave, but I haven't found it and it's no big loss anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
The app is good for arranging your pairing buddies. The more you add the more confusing it can be to find who is what pairing number. You can rearrange the order to your liking.