Sena SMH-10 Upgrade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajBach

Reaction score
Thought pass along some info my Facebook page sent me earlier today. Those of you who have Sena SMH-10 intercoms, Sena - in addition to doubling the warranty period - now has a new module that allows for firmware upgrades like the Scala does. The new unit uses a micro USB connector to charge it which in turn allows for computer interfacing.

There is a price for the upgrade, I think around $40 along with a new warranty.

I only have owned my set for a month now and am a little peeved I received the old hardware but perhaps my supplier will make an exception for me.

Otherwise, I am finding this unit to be outstanding in performance. Certainly everything that has been said about it spot on. I can listen to music or audiobooks at hwy speeds through earplugs quite fine and using it couldn't be simpler. It's true however, you will not get the bass response that you do with ear buds or regular headphones.

Curious though if anyone has utilized this firmware upgrade. I cannot determine from the Sena website what changes to the old firmware - if any - have been implemented.

I looked all over that website and could not find the place to download the firmware upgrade. I just received my sena dual units monday and had about an hour to play with it before I had to catch a plane. If I can figure it out I'll let you know.

As I understand it, there is no firmware upgrade available at this time. They have provided a port in the latest release that will allow upgrades to be implemented in the future, when they become available.

Bob

Currently, its only a hardware change to allow for future updates. If you have the older unit, you can upgrade for $49 plus shipping. You'll also have to send back your old unit (just the module, not the clamp) on your own dime.

I'm waiting for my order to be processed...