Sena SR10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesla

Reaction score
Sena just posted pictures and new details on their website................https://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview

COMING SOON

Info >>Link<< In essence you will be buying a three port super dongle. It will adapt non-bluetooth GPS, Radar Detector and two-way radios.

sr10_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an e-mail response from Sena that the release date has been pushed to mid-August. :hmmsmiley02:

COMING SOON

Info >>Link<< In essence you will be buying a three port super dongle. It will adapt non-bluetooth GPS, Radar Detector and two-way radios.

sr10_0.jpg
What about mp3 players?

SR10 has (2) AUX audio ports for GPS, Radar Detector, MP3 player, etc., you decide :) The port in the middle is for 2-way radio connection as shown in the photo.

COMING SOON

sr10_0.jpg
I think they may want to sell their own dongle. I have a Sony BT dongle I use with my Garmin 2730, but it doesn't work right with the new upgraded unit. It unpairs as soon as you try to use the intercom, and that's what Sena said it is supposed to do!! So I sent back the new unit since I am happy with the system I have, with a complete refund from Sena, including shipping.

I hope to have one of the first production SR-10s. We'll see. It's about time for something on one of my wired Starcom systems to crap out anyway!!!

:(

Looks like these will be shipping mid - Sept. I had some questions on the SR10 and how it would work with the Zumo 665/iPhone, etc. Here is my post from advrider detailing the conversation I had with Sena:

Just got off the phone with Rick from Sena a little while ago. Very much appreciated the phone call as it addressed all of my questions.
Anyways, it looks like the SR10 is going to function as a mix-it, as in, there will be no "priority pairings" So, what this means to me is that I can have my SMH10 paired to the Zumo 665 and be jamming to the XM radio, and also have it paired to the SR10 that my radar detector will be wired to. He said that you will just hear the beeps of the radar detector over the XM/GPS/phone. Perfect! Exactly what I am looking for.

The only downside to this is if you are a heavy 2 way radio user, you will have to mute/pause your music if you only want to hear the 2 way radio conversation. The only other thing I'm not sure about and didn't think to ask as 2 way radio is not a high priority for me, is what happens if you are on the phone and the 2 way at the same time. If you hit the push to talk button, does the person you are on the phone with hear that too? Doesn't really matter to me as I probably won't be using that feature anyways.

It also looks like they came out with a direct wire kit for the SR10, which is great, as I can just mount it under the seat or something and just leave everything wired up all the time.

Looks like Sena may have knocked one out of the park with this one, but time will tell. At $149 this is pretty much the same price or cheaper as the H.A.R.D. system, as well as the Viz-alert system, but with oh so much more versatility. If this all works like it should, for $300 or a little more with cables, this should have all the capability of the Starcom for a fraction of the cost. Looks like I will be ordering one up!

Kudo's to Rick for giving me a call and taking my concerns seriously, professionally and being knowledgable about their product, and also how it works with other products such as the zumo/iphone/radar detector.
clap.gif

I also talked to him about the ear bud mounts breaking and he said he hadn't heard of any problems, but he is the sales director, so he wasn't sure if the warranty dept had heard of the problem or not. He told me if the next one breaks to definitely send it back in for replacement as those are covered under the 2 year warranty as well.
Here is the link to the thread for context: https://www.advrider....=1#post16713613

It's about time for something on one of my wired Starcom systems to crap out anyway!!!
True, true, true, Jeff (in NC, not CA) .... but I have been holding off on the BT stuff in any case because it is not quite "there" yet. With the SR10, though, it gets temptingly closer. Thanks for the update, SaharaJp99.

I have been watching these, and also watching the availability date keep slipping. Wasn't it supposed be out in May at one point? Anyway, this looks a bit more promising, and they've released pricing too. https://senabluetooth.com/contact/notice_20110818_2.php

SR10 Release Notice
Sena Technologies, Inc announces the release of SR10, Bluetooth Two-way Radio Adapter.

The SR10 is a Class 1 Bluetooth Two-way Radio adapter based on Bluetooth 2.1+EDR technology. The SR10 supports a variety of two-way radio devices in the market, including Kenwood, Motorola, ICOM, YAESU, and Midland. The SR10 has two AUX ports that enable users to connect non-Bluetooth devices such as GPS navigation and mobile phone. The SR10 includes a wired PTT, handlebar mounting kit and mounting clip for the convenience of users. The SR10 lasts for 12 hours of usage time, and 10 days for stand-by time.

With SR10, users can talk by phone or two-way radio and at the same time listen to the alarm signal from the radar detector and the instructions from the GPS Navigation. The SR10 may be applicable in various outdoor activities such as group motorcycle riding, hiking, alpine or security.

The SR10 supports a two-year International Warranty for the peace of mind of all customers. The list price of the SR10 is 199 USD. The SR10 will be available for shipping starting the 2nd week of September.

For more information, please visit the SR10 web page at www.SenaBluetooth.com.